Hello from Kuala Lumpur

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepnslow

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
It has been a long time coming but I finally qualified as a PADI OWSI. Now, do I take the plunge and just go off and be an itinerant instructor or do I try to integrate my love of diving with my already busy schedule making money in an entirely different field? I would appreciate the fruits of your experience in starting out... is my idea of freelancing and setting up my own speciality courses from a city base (albeit well located for some great diving spots a short plane or even car drive away) doable? Or do I need to tie up with a particular dive operation as a starter? Has anyone else done something similar. How easy is it marketing yourself direct to customers as an individual? I would welcome any thoughts and advice on this. Thanks for reading.

Hello deepnslow and congratulations on qualifying as a PADI OWSI !!! I wish you all the very best with whatever your future dive and teaching plans will be.

Back
Top Bottom