Hello from London! Help me spend £1000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hopefully i've just secured the last place on Blue Melody doing the Northern Wrecks & Reefs route!
Woooo Hooooo.
THANK YOU!
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
You'll love Northern Wrecks and Reefs. Something for all tastes. I've done this itinerary 7 or 8 times and never get bored of it.

Enjoy!
(Jealous from Hampshire)

Italy: Liguria ( :heart: ), Sardinia or Sicily

If you can find a copy of this
the-great-shipwrecks-of-the-red-sea (about Thistlegorm & Rosalie Moller, lots of interesting text)
(used from a diver for example) I bet you will enjoy it. It used to (maybe still is) sold in the departure area stores of the Hurghada airport (prob other Egyptian Red Sea airports too) so many divers have bought it and brought it home. I have picked up a couple locally (used) for 5-8 euros to give to friends who would enjoy them.
Folks write now and again that the Rosalie Moller is closed to diving, but has never been true the 3x I've been there.

You can also find descriptions of many dive sites you are likely to vist, print that info and you have something to read for sweet dreams. It is quite nice to print these in color and laminate them , make your own ring binder. You and many others on board will enjoy reading about upcoming dive sites. Stores sell collections of these logbook pages for various sites but they are not cheap and a very small. In the Internet age you can make a much nicer collection for yourself and laminating makes them last and makes even home printer ink look great for years (laminating works with home-printed photos too BTW).

You can't generally wear gloves on a dive (to discourage touching), but do take a set for hanging on ropes or at the very least for hanging when the rope is actually a cable (ouch).
Normal work gloves are fine for this purpose too.

You can also look around on Scubaboard for other threads with hints for liveaboard diving.

I can't go on that one!
They only had space for a male. Dagnabit!
The Nouran is available doing this: Nouran
They don't mention The Thistlegorm though?

Or this one on the Emperor Elite? Emperor Elite
Budget is stretching here though.

If you can find a copy of this
the-great-shipwrecks-of-the-red-sea (about Thistlegorm & Rosalie Moller, lots of interesting text)
(used from a diver for example) I bet you will enjoy it. It used to (maybe still is) sold in the departure area stores of the Hurghada airport (prob other Egyptian Red Sea airports too) so many divers have bought it and brought it home. I have picked up a couple locally (used) for 5-8 euros to give to friends who would enjoy them.
Folks write now and again that the Rosalie Moller is closed to diving, but has never been true the 3x I've been there.

You can also find descriptions of many dive sites you are likely to vist, print that info and you have something to read for sweet dreams. It is quite nice to print these in color and laminate them , make your own ring binder. You and many others on board will enjoy reading about upcoming dive sites. Stores sell collections of these logbook pages for various sites but they are not cheap and a very small. In the Internet age you can make a much nicer collection for yourself and laminating makes them last and makes even home printer ink look great for years (laminating works with home-printed photos too BTW).

You can't generally wear gloves on a dive (to discourage touching), but do take a set for hanging on ropes or at the very least for hanging when the rope is actually a cable (ouch).
Normal work gloves are fine for this purpose too.

You can also look around on Scubaboard for other threads with hints for liveaboard diving.
Thanks!
I need to make this happen now!

Ok i panicked and booked Emperor Elite LiveAboard

Ok i panicked and booked Emperor Elite LiveAboard
That’s fantastic. I read your itinerary and you’re going to so many wonderful places! I think the Carina is something I’ve never heard of before, but virually everyother one was its own ”oh I love that place!”. BTW I also like to take a photo of the dive roster so you can remember who you dove with when and which site was Tues AM which was Tues mid-morning, etc. When travelling with members from my club, my copy of the final dive roster has been my most requested photo.
I also take a photo of the slide shown of each dive site because it is fun to have in my photos before the photos from that dive site.

That’s fantastic. I read your itinerary and you’re going to so many wonderful places! I think the Carina is something I’ve never heard of before, but virually everyother one was its own ”oh I love that place!”. BTW I also like to take a photo of the dive roster so you can remember who you dove with when and which site was Tues AM which was Tues mid-morning, etc. When travelling with members from my club, my copy of the final dive roster has been my most requested photo.
I also take a photo of the slide shown of each dive site because it is fun to have in my photos before the photos from that dive site.
That's a great idea!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom