Hello from Miami

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kirgan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

Just introducing myself. My name is Mike. My wife, Michelle, and I have always wanted to get open water certified. What stopped us before was that we didn't live anywhere close to any diving and we didn't want to just dive on vacations only. The other thing was my wife wanted to get corrective eye surgery first.

About 4 years ago we moved to Miami. About a year ago we started talking about why we were not taking advantage of all the things Miami had to offer - especially the diving, so my wife made an appointment to have her eyes examined. All went well in the examine and corrective eye surgery was scheduled. After waiting a couple of months to make sure her eyes were fully healed, we signed up for NAUI OW/Nitrox combination certification class with a dive shop called "The Scuba Shop". Our instructor/owner of the dive shop was great. He was really into safety and making sure his students learned what they needed too. He seemed to cover topics that other divers that recently got certified didn't know about. I'm not sure if those topics were just not covered in their classes or they just got handed the c-card without really understanding what was taught to them. In any case, Alex only signed off on students when he felt they were ready. I'm glad of that. We learned a lot, although we know there is still more to learn.

Since June we have been on about 15 dives and are loving it. Look forward to discussing various dive topics with all of you. And maybe we will see some of you out there.

--Mike

Welcome to the Board.... I love diving in the Miami, keys area.....

Welcome to SB, Mike and Michelle:D !!! I think you'll like it here. Great people, great resource and feedback. Ask any questions you want. Have fun!!

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Yeah, if you're gonna live in the hurricane state, might as well enjoy the diving. Take a week off an dive the Keys. I am...

:bandit_2: don

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

:wavey: Mike, Welcome to the
logo.gif
!

Thanks all for the welcome and the information. Nice to see this is such an active board. I've been to others with very little posts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom