Hello from Michigan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jrenaud

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello everyone,

I completed my PADI Open Water certification the summer of 2014. I originally got certified because I had an upcoming, work paid for, trip to Jamaica that fall. I since then have been hooked and proceeded to get my Nitrox, Advanced Open Water, and Rescue Diver certifications over the last two years. I was contemplating going down the UTD Technical Diving route, but after purchasing all the gear for diving with doubles I've found that I really don't care for all the extra hassle involved with lugging around double tanks, ha! So I'm not sure where I'm going to go from here but the only certain thing is that I will be in the water doing it.

I enjoy diving in warm water, but nearly all of my dives have been locally, so I'm not afraid of the cold. Low 40's F at depth is my usual limit with my 7mm wetsuit. Eventually I'll be purchasing a drysuit, but for now I'm still enjoying myself. I've mostly dove local lakes, but I've also dove the Saint Clair River a few times. Last summer I just started diving some of the wrecks on Lake Huron, and I really enjoy that.

I've browsed this forum several times over the years so I decided it's now time to make an account, especially since I have a few things I'm looking to sell, but also since I'll be looking for new people to dive with since my dive buddy is leaving the country on work assignment for the next couple years.

Welcome from a fellow Midwesterner and Michigan native (in the Chicago area for 21 years now).

Former Michigander here! Any plans for Lake Superior? I'm not sure how accessible the wrecks are but I've heard there are a lot.

Welcome! I'm one of those divers who also dives wet in cold water down to 43F...although I usually prefer dive warm. Those people in dry suits think I'm crazy so I'm sure you'll soon hear that a dry suit is the way to go. And it probably is...but not for the small amount of cold water diving I do.

Happy diving!

Former Michigander here! Any plans for Lake Superior? I'm not sure how accessible the wrecks are but I've heard there are a lot.
I'll need to dive dry before I can do those wrecks. Which I do plan on getting a dry suit, but probably next year. I believe some of the wrecks are shallow enough for my current certification, but many are deep. I started doing some on lake Huron last summer and had a great time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom