Hello From Monterey Bay!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Antihero

New
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Greetings all!

My name is Justin and I'm from Pacific Grove, CA. I'm a scientific diver at CSUMB with plans to begin a graduate degree studying physical oceanography in 2019. The majority of my diving has occurred between Monterey Bay and Big Sur, though I've been lucky enough to do some time in: the Bahamas, Caribbean, Central America, Hawaii and Fiji. I look forward to getting to know this community and exchanging some info. Also, if anybody has questions on becoming a scientific diver or the AAUS pipeline, let me know!

Happy Diving,

Justin

Nice! Welcome to SB. We look forward to reading about your experiences. :)

Welcome! Can you tell us about what type of scientific dives you’ve done so far? Physical Oceanography sounds like mostly mapping, geology of ocean floor, which is cool, especially if it occasionally takes you places in the world to dive that rarely get seen.
I am not a marine scientist, despite my label.

Number 1 - I don't like you avatar - Antihero
Number 2 - I don't like your attitude that you don't log dives

I do like the fact that you have competed the NAUI scientific dive program and are continuing on into you masters and hopefully some day a doctorate. I commend you for your accomplishments to date.

For a number of years I have lectured at the Cal Poly Scientific dive program on various historical aspects of diving. MY son Dr. Sam IV who is director of the ER& Hyperbaric department at the local hospital lectures on diving medicine.

Every year for 10 years the SLO UW S&R has hoisted a DivCon in SLO on the second Saturday of March. Representatives of Monterey county UW S&R always attend...You might want to also attend..

Good luck in your immediate and all your furfure activities

Sam Miller, 111
LA CO UW
NAUI instructor
PADI instructor
etc

Back
Top Bottom