Hello from Pittsburgh, PA!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Provided that the wrecks you visit are at depths and in conditions appropriate for your training and experience, you don't really need additional training to enjoy wreck dives without penetration.

The wrecks in the Great Lakes - thanks to our cold fresh water - are beautifully preserved. Go see them!

Yes, dive the wrecks. Absolutely awesome. Have it hit Erie sometime.

Provided that the wrecks you visit are at depths and in conditions appropriate for your training and experience, you don't really need additional training to enjoy wreck dives without penetration.

The wrecks in the Great Lakes - thanks to our cold fresh water - are beautifully preserved. Go see them!
Oh, interesting. I did not realize I didn't need additional certs. My mistake! I clearly have a lot to learn! =)

Welcome to ScubaBoard. It's a wonderful place to dive on land.
Thanks for the pictures posted.

Oh, interesting. I did not realize I didn't need additional certs. My mistake! I clearly have a lot to learn! =)

The wreck cert with limited penetration comes in handy if you want some pro guidance on poking around inside. But to just swim around a wreck? Nope.

Do you think you'll do any wreck diving someday? Or just dive in the Great Lakes generally?

My goal is to take the advanced class and get a few deep dives in then start exploring the Lake Erie wrecks while I take the wreck diver classes and get to know the folks in the local dive club. Then I want to start exploring some of the deeper wrecks that are preserved better in the colder waters at depth and maybe do some penetration.

My goal is to take the advanced class and get a few deep dives in then start exploring the Lake Erie wrecks while I take the wreck diver classes and get to know the folks in the local dive club. Then I want to start exploring some of the deeper wrecks that are preserved better in the colder waters at depth and maybe do some penetration.

That sounds really cool. I am not sure if I am brave enough for deeper wrecks or penetration, but maybe after I get more experience I will be. Good luck with your SCUBA adventures! :)

Back
Top Bottom