Hello from San Jose CA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NAUI Wowie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Relatively new to diving got certified 15 months ago. Now have my AOW and about 30 dives. I dive cabo and P.I. Cebu and locally in Monterey now. Have all my own gear except for tanks wts.

Anyone local looking for dive buddies to dive in monterey just hit me up. Can be young or old male or female. Just dont smoke in the car if im driving lol.

Recently dove on the Sanctuary dive boat and want to check out Beachhopper 2 and the Escapade. Anyone try either of those dive charter boats?

Im looking to dive all fall/winter.

Too chill for me! I love it warm.

Ha! me too, i have free stay in philippines and cabo san lucas love it. But I bought an 8/7 semi dry and 7 mil boots with a 1 mil undersuit and i am toasty warm now. tried doing monterey in a 7 with a 10 mil hood and froze. Im good now. and just did almost zero viz a month ago in monterey. needed flashlights about 3 foot viz.
Was scary the first time going down but once down it felt like something else. kinda like being on the moon, not really a night dive, i was operating entirely on compass headings to find the spot the dive boat owner told us about. Was very good for training and going back to tropical will be like a vacation. Pun intended haha

Ill tell ya that experience which is the worst it could ever be in monterey made me want to go more oddly enough. Heck there were two divers with me following at 60ft at ocean floor. Im new with 30 dive but i was only one with flashlights and compasses. these two both had 250 dives. after about 10 min they both bolted to surface without telling me. All in all a worst case diving day.
If thats your worst monterey i took it and am coming back baby. It just helps me become a better safer diver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom