Hello from San Mateo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome!

Hi, Thomas! Welcome to SB. I'm in SM County, too. I agree that learning to dive in Dry Suit will be to your benefit when diving Monterey. Send me a PM if you need any info or leads on equipment.

I too am from San Mateo County - Peninsula divers unite!

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you want any more insight, or recommendations on dive shops! I've rented, taken a class, or or otherwise interacted with pretty much every shop in the area. Or if you want to go socially-distant diving one of these weekends!

Hi, and welcome from a fellow NorCal denizen. I am what is referred to as a “candy ass diver”: I only dive the tropics—80F is my standard!

Nonetheless, when you go to Monterey, be sure to stop by Backscatter, the best UW camera and photoshop on Planet Earth!

Joe

upload_2020-7-10_14-59-29.jpeg

Hi Thomas, welcome to scubaboard, and Norcal diving.
I live and dive a considerable distance north of you in Sonoma County. The water up here is cold and the swell can run big. It’s a scary place and many consider it no man’s land.
I get to Monterey once in a while for a day when I can get away. Maybe we’ll run into each other sometime. Just look for the 6’4” bald guy with a camo freediving wetsuit and weird looking backplate.
Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom