Hello from Seadoo Seascooter!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello all,
See below summarized all answers:

RE: Deeper thoughts
Keep me in loop of current repair situation of your unit. let me know result and funnctioning after unit comes back. Perhaps can help if problem persists

RE: fdog
Please send an email to service@stallionsport.com with subject: marketing
samples Tahoe benchmark with your contact details. thanks

VMO-2
I cannot work with just comments. Let us know your results?/problem then I can give you best advice

Tom Winters
We're a new team dedicated to restore the experience, image and service performance for the Sea-Doo Seascooter; Continue adding a great experience to your diving sessions.

Any further questions just let us know. We're here to stay

Appreciate much
Sea-Doo Seascooter

Thank You

Tom Winters
We're a new team dedicated to restore the experience, image and service performance for the Sea-Doo Seascooter; Continue adding a great experience to your diving sessions.
I don't know a single cave diver who would even remotely consider briinging one in a cave. But you will often see cave divers using 20 year old Tekna scooters, as well as Mako scooters that evolved from the Tekna designs. Reliability is key and lends itself to long service life and good resale value.

If you can get cave divers on board and using your scooters, you will have succeeded in restoring the "experience, image and service performance" of the seedoo scooters.

To do that you'll need a unit with near 100% reliability, a 40-60 minute burn time, with enough power to pull a diver in doubles at >150 fpm and it would need to easily accommodate a towing harness and allow 1 handed operation.

Right now, a new Mako costs about $2500 and X-scooters, Gavins, etc start at around $3500. If you could develop a reliable seedoo scooter that offers Mako performance, reliability and flexibility at around $800-$1000, you'd sell a lot of scooters.

SeaDoos are great pool toys. I would never buy one for diving.

...Sheesh!...

The manufacturer came here to open a dialog and help folks with their product. Piling on and slamming them may make them abandon the forum, which helps nobody.

All the best, James

I was wondering if you could tell us the difference in the Seadoo scooter and the dozens of "virtually identical" scooters on the market. I have seen them side by side, and can find absolutely no difference other than decals. Of course, I have never opened one up past the battery compartment, so I cant say if there is any component difference such as circuitry or motors.

I was wondering if you could tell us the difference in the Seadoo scooter and the dozens of "virtually identical" scooters on the market. I have seen them side by side, and can find absolutely no difference other than decals. Of course, I have never opened one up past the battery compartment, so I cant say if there is any component difference such as circuitry or motors.
There are some that do not know the difference between a VW or a Mercedes . QUALITY. Some Scooters are $500 and some $15,000. I wonder what the difference is....... You get what you pay for.

My scooter(vs supercharged) will not work for me in the ocean. G and A services tested on 2 seperate occasions and it worked on land(does for me also). They stated it was tested in the pool for hours and it worked. Well I know it is not working in the ocean(pool and ocean just snorkeling no diving). 2 days ago I pmed the seadoo rep but as of this time they still havent answered me.

I guess I have an unsolved mystery

OK Mr. Seadoo Seascooter........ I bought the Seadoo Explorer a little over a year ago and used it once. It performed satisfactory. It has been sitting in my closet since then and I have done battery maintenence charges every three months as recomended. I took it out to you last week and the motor runs, but the propeller doesn't. Now what? Is there a shear pin? What's the deal?

I bought the Seadoo Explorer a last week and used it once (the first time today). The Seadoo Explorer was flooded in the first minute in the water. The battery chamber was dry but the water leakage sensor continued to beep and stopping the motor, so I suspect there was a leakage in the motor housing.

What can I do now?

I bought the Seadoo Explorer a last week and used it once (the first time today). The Seadoo Explorer was flooded in the first minute in the water. The battery chamber was dry but the water leakage sensor continued to beep and stopping the motor, so I suspect there was a leakage in the motor housing.

What can I do now?

Join the club, I bought one about a month ago and it flooded the first time, I could hear water in the moter housing. They sent me (the dealer) a new lower unit and it worked fine in 30' of water. Then I took it to 70' and it flooded again in the motor housing, called Vince back at seascooter express and he said as of last week they are retro fitting all the explorers and have the problem solved.:popcorn: So I'm sending it to CA. for the retro fit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom