• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Hello from Seadoo Seascooter!

Discussion in 'Seadoo Seascooters' started by Seadoo Seascooter, Apr 28, 2009.

1. davbader

davbader Angel Fish

# of Dives:
    What are the differences between the Explorer and new Explorer X. I noticed the depth rating has been reduced but what else has changed? Anyone have any experiences with the new Explorer X?

2. SeaDragon69

SeaDragon69 Angel Fish

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I've seen them both, I have an Explorer and the guys I dive with have the newer 'X' models. The older Explorer is rubbish, most units leak by poor design with an inadequate shaft seal. The 'X' model is reported to have rectified this (better shaft seals - but I can't confirm this as I havnt seen inside the 'X' model) but otherwise they are the same. I've also seen the construction standards of the real scooters like the SS and they are worlds apart. The Seadoo's are very cheap ABS plastic fastened together with plastic screws (will strip their sockets after a few disassembles), frankly I'm surprised they sell for what they do.

3. davbader

davbader Angel Fish

# of Dives:
    Thanks for the eval. I had an older Explorer and like everyone else, had some minor leakage issues but not at the shaft. That's why I'm considering putting out the extra money for something better built.

4. dominez

dominez Angel Fish

Hello Everyone,

I'm considering to buy an Explorer X, as I heard/read they seam to be upgrade version of Explorers, claimed not to have flooding issues any more. I live in South Korea, the SeaDoo products (like any other scuba gear here...) are terrible overpriced, they cost twice the US price! I' thinking to get one from Leisurepro and get it shipped here. Even with paid shipping and customs/tax it will be much cheaper then getting one here.
    My question to SeaDoo rep, how does it look with warranty claims? If I get Explorer X from US, can I service it somewhere in South Korea, or am I sentenced to send it back to US in case of any issues? Do they come with international warranty?

Cheers
    Dominik

5. Seadoo Seascooter

Seadoo Seascooter Dive Equipment Manufacturer

# of Dives: 100 - 199