Hello from Southern California!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John Juan

New
Reaction score
Hi there, new to diving. Lurked around and received great information from SB. Looking forward to meet some people and do local dives in SoCal! I'm in Irvine, CA. If anyone around here is looking for a buddy, please let me know!

Welcome to Scuba Board. Not from your area; made it out last year to do some Channel Islands diving with Truth Aquatics out of Santa Barbara, and loved it.

Richard.

howdy and welcome from southeast florida.....

Welcome to ScubaBoard

There are a number of dive clubs in OC - I would suggest that you visit them. I am certain you will find a suitable buddy in one of them. you can obtain a listing in CDNs

I would also suggest that you post on the SoCal section of this board for possible buddies

SDM

Hooking up with your LDS can put you in touch with people. I did group shore dives with our inland empire group and they took great care of me. Too bad I hate shore dives...except for Catalina!! Often they do boat dives also. I'm dry docked for a while yet...buddy had 1 surgery and 2 more pending and I'm not supposed to cheat on him...but I might have to soon!

dive safe!!

Hi SoCal folks,

What's the deal with extremely expensive dive tours in Catalina? In checking prices for a 2-tank dive I see $200! That's crazy expensive, more that Hawaii prices.

Are there any meet ups for shore diving at Catalina?

Pete

Back
Top Bottom