Hello from Southern Oregon!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yup! New diver.. got my open water cert and nitrox cert Jan 21st. Think I'm going to Catalina on a liveaboard for a few days so I'm trying to learn as much as I can. Take care!
I haven't done the nitrox training yet, do you recommend doing that now? I just finished my night diving course!

I haven't done the nitrox training yet, do you recommend doing that now? I just finished my night diving course!

Yes, do it! According to my instructor some remote places only do nitrox as it is safer to breath. You'll need the cert to be able to dive there. So depending where you travel there may be air and nitrox or just nitrox. Always suggest giving your destination dive shop a call to confirm.

It was $130 for the class, no pool time. Only an open book test.

I need to do night and navigation next... my shop combined both classes into one for $160.00. I think this does require a few dives tho...

Yes, do it! According to my instructor some remote places only do nitrox as it is safer to breath. You'll need the cert to be able to dive there. So depending where you travel there may be air and nitrox or just nitrox. Always suggest giving your destination dive shop a call to confirm.

It was $130 for the class, no pool time. Only an open book test.

I need to do night and navigation next... my shop combined both classes into one for $160.00. I think this does require a few dives tho...
Awesome! I will check into doing the class. Yes, the night diving class does require dives and I will be doing that in Roatan. The place I'm going offers both air and nitrox, never thought about some places only have nitrox. Thank you for the information!

Just got back from Roatan! Wow, so much fun. Finished my night diving class and also got my nitrox certification done while I was there. I'm now hooked on diving I did 17 dives in 5 1/2 days including one night dive, shark dive and a dolphin dive. Got to see a beautiful sea horse, my favorite!

Attachments

• IMG_1132.JPG
    IMG_1132.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 23
congratulations on your advancement in scuba diving.......job well done.

Just got back from Roatan! Wow, so much fun. Finished my night diving class and also got my nitrox certification done while I was there. I'm now hooked on diving I did 17 dives in 5 1/2 days including one night dive, shark dive and a dolphin dive. Got to see a beautiful sea horse, my favorite!

Sounds like a great time. Cool picture!

Anything you wish you had as far as gear goes, or anything you brought that was not necessary?

It really was a great trip, was very happy they got the picture!
The only gear that I didn't use was my beanie cap, didn't get cold so didn't need it. Best gear I purchased and used was Apollo Bio-Filter, loved it. Stopped my cotton mouth/ dry throat, wasn't thirsty after diving, well worth the money. I don't think I could have dived as much without it. When and where is your next trip?

It really was a great trip, was very happy they got the picture!
The only gear that I didn't use was my beanie cap, didn't get cold so didn't need it. Best gear I purchased and used was Apollo Bio-Filter, loved it. Stopped my cotton mouth/ dry throat, wasn't thirsty after diving, well worth the money. I don't think I could have dived as much without it. When and where is your next trip?

Night dive and compass skills 2nd weekend in March then Monterey bay and Catalina in July. Doing a liveaboard in Catalina for 3 or 4 days.. should be loads of fun!

Never heard of this Apollo Bio-Filter before.. Sounds like something I might want! Will have to read up on it and check it out.. Thanks!

Night dive and compass skills 2nd weekend in March then Monterey bay and Catalina in July. Doing a liveaboard in Catalina for 3 or 4 days.. should be loads of fun!

Never heard of this Apollo Bio-Filter before.. Sounds like something I might want! Will have to read up on it and check it out.. Thanks!
Wow, you are going to be busy! Wish I could do the cold water diving but can't handle the thick tight wetsuits. Have a great time, I bet the Monterey Bay will be awesome!
Do check out the bio-filter if you have problems with getting dry mouth it makes a big difference.

Back
Top Bottom