Hello From Texarkana TX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to :sblogo:
:wave-smil :wave-smil
:chicken:

texarkandy:
I'm 46 y/o dad currently working on OW certification with my daughter and been reading on here the last couple of weeks. This is a really great site.

I got PADI OW certified about 25 years ago from an LDS in El Paso, TX ,but only made 4 dives outside of my cert. dives.

Would like to hear from some local divers in Texarkana area -doesn't seem to be any kind of club here? I figure we'll dive Lakes DeGray & Quachita mostly.

Look under "Forums" for shortcuts to everything to do with diving. . . Drop way down that list until you reach "Regional" look under the "United States" under that list you will find "Midwest Muck Divers" and you'll find lots of discussion about those lakes. Also, under "United States" you will find texas swamp divers and Louisianna divers, talking about other areas. As for clubs, over the last 25 years most clubs have fallen apart. . . leaving divers to search for partners on their own.

Lake DeGray is a beautiful lake with sand bottoms and good visibility. You can dive from shore at the parks. There are more divers going to Ouachita, more air stations and more "toys" sunken in the lake for exploring. You'll find help and advice as you work your way through the forums. . . and let your daughter browse the photo galleries.

Back
Top Bottom