Hello from Utah- also looking for Scuba wedding tips please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello from Utah!

We’re a new-ish diving couple who love the ocean. Why we’re still in Utah and not near the coast is beyond me!

We have always known we wanted a scuba wedding and finally set a date. I was hoping for some tips on a Scuba wedding and not sure where to post. Here’s our status so far:

We have the location (St John, USVI) and scuba company hired (Low Key) but they haven’t catered to weddings before so we’re piecing everything together. Yes, we’re aware there are a ton of companies that cater specifically but for one reason or another- the location, timing, or residency requirements didn’t work for us. Believe me, we tried. Lol. Thankfully we found an Officiant that has done scuba weddings, and is scuba certified.

I’m planning to wear a wedding dress, I found a super light weight dress (materials of polyester and nylon), and he will be wearing slacks and a dress shirt. We’ve watched all the scuba wedding videos available online and have paid attention to how NOT to get in the water (and end up with the dress over the head). We’re going to laminate our vows and do the finger follow along style. Exchange rings (we will have them tied to us) and a short kiss.

We keep up our safety skills in the pool we got certified in (lame, but it’s all we have here) and have been practicing underwater kisses (and not letting the regular float away..lol).

I’m looking for any tips, ideas, things you can think of that might be a problem or something fun to add. I’ll be searching this forum in the meantime for similar past posts.
Thank you!

I was hitched U/W. Looks like you have it together.

You might want to put small fishing weights in the hem of your dress.

Good Luck & Good Diving!

What no Temple Wedding?

FYI 1960 first UW wedding --Drs Bob and Inga Kendal

Sew small lead weights in dress ---it WILL be buoyant!

learn UW hand signals in advance
FYI see Scuba Diving and Recreation Center in Northwest Ohio - Portage Quarry sea sabres signaling system-developed in 1954.

You are new -this will be unique ..have several safety divers close at hand UW

SDM

Hey :happywave: congratulations. Sounds like you already have a lot of it worked out. Best way to start a marriage AFAIC. I love underwater hugs :) Welcome to the board

Back
Top Bottom