Hello! I have a question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

assoc4

New
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a question. Before I ask, here's a little background. A guy I know is a qualified scuba diver. Four years ago, he was involved in an accident where one of his students bolted and he rescued him/her. As a result, he suffered serious irreversible damage in his lungs. He received a note stating the doctor does not recommend him scuba diving again. I know he daydreams of scuba diving again, as his heart belongs to the sea. I know he is working on making his lungs better. Could he ever scuba dive again?

The idea of getting a second opinion is good. Be sure the doctor is knowledgeable about diving and dive medicine.

Also, if the second opinion is the same as the first, perhaps there are alternative ways he can connect to the sea.

Hello everyone,

I have a question. Before I ask, here's a little background. A guy I know is a qualified scuba diver. Four years ago, he was involved in an accident where one of his students bolted and he rescued him/her. As a result, he suffered serious irreversible damage in his lungs. He received a note stating the doctor does not recommend him scuba diving again. I know he daydreams of scuba diving again, as his heart belongs to the sea. I know he is working on making his lungs better. Could he ever scuba dive again?

Assoc4, unfortunately there is not enough information here to provide an answer to your question. What kind of accident did he have? What type of damage was done to his lungs? What was the specialty of the physician who recommended that he not dive again? What do you mean by "working on making his lungs better"?

Best regards,
DDM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom