Hello!!! Nice Boards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Aegir

Welcome from Canada's Great White North! I heard about that about 8 months ago. In fact I'am using it as an excuse after every dive :). Seriously I'am not sure I would like to be compared to the Heindenburg if'n something were to go boom!

Enjoy

HI Aegir,

Welcome to ScubaBoard! I had not heard about that study before. It puts a very interesting spin on things and I would like to find out more.

Maybe Dr. Deco has some additional information on this in his forum.

Cheers,

Well Aegir.....my name was just on top of the list apparently :)..but allow another "newbie" to welcome you anyway :)

I assume diving in the UK is a chill affair at the moment. Where did you get your certification?

gozumutti

It's not "we" mean to ignore you or anything. I think sometimes it's just part of a thread that tickles our fancy and off you go.

So along with the others who have said it -- welcome, enjoy. The waters are friendly..... :D

I got my certifications in the UK. Unfortuanately i have never dived anywhere else but in the UK. That will change soon though hopefully.

HI Aegir

I dunno what it is like diving in the cold, having just started, but I can certainly promote with a good conscience the Red Sea as a likely destination! Warm and crystal clear water, myriads of fish, wonderful coral....fortunately I had a mask on or my eyes would have fallen out *g*

gozumutti

Hey there Aegir, though I've run into you elsewhere on these boards, I still wanted to say Welcome to the family here. I look forward to your continued participation.

Dove the Red Sea a few years ago...best diving in the world!

The red sea seems to be very popular among world diving destinations. I have heard good things about such places as the Florida keys,Cayman islands,Fiji,Thailand, PNG, Australia, and Cozumel etc.

Let me tell you a little about myself. I am 28 years old and up until a few weeks ago I worked as a joiner/carpenter but I grew bored (as I tend to do quickly)so I took a job at my local Internet Service Provider (ISP), as a technical help desk advisor. Its my first job which requires me to wear a shirt and tie heh, felt kind of strange at first. I have been thinking about possibly taking up diving as a fulltime career either instructing in an IDC or perhaps as a DM whereby I could travel, something I love to do. However a DM job would only be short term since the wage isn't something I would like to work for, for the rest of my life. Has anyone got any advice on regarding a fulltime diving career? Obviously in general diving instructors dot get payed large amounts of money although I happen to know that some do live comfortably.

I love diving as it is but I know if I dive somewhere like Cairns in Australia that I most likely won't want to come home. BUT...I have no responsibilities apart from my job so if I wanted to stay then I could. I only have 71 dives to my name so far so I suppose I need more experience before I change my career. Although in those 71 dives I have had my fair share of events. Infact during and after each dive I always run through worst case scenarios and deduce how best to handle them at the time. Anyway thankyou very much for your kind welcome and I look forward to learning more about diving from these fine forums

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom