HELP? APEKS TX-100 Yoke or DIN?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wheezy hey.

Let me just add that, Apeks make a regulator converter AND a regulator adapter. Both are used to interchange between DIN and Yoke. If you want a complete conversion from DIN to Yoke or vice versa make sure you get the "converter kit" not the adapter. However you may want to look into this and make your own mind up of course.

Yes -- Frog is correct. I bought the CONVERTER kit myself -- a little more work to switch back and forth, but not a big deal.

BTW -- Under $500 for a TX-100 is a good price from an LDS. I think I paid close to $600 (before adding TX=40 octo)

Good luck on your gear quest!

Hello,

As for the DIN/YOKE section: Cavers/deco/techies likes din because if you apply pressure (in a hit/jar/etc..) to a yoke valve you can rupture the seal and loose vital gas while underwater, with DIN it has decreased chances of that happening. If you are doing nitrox/oxygen then alot of the analyzers/fill stations are more DIN friendly. Overall DIN is a better choice to go with. However, You will also need a DIN valve on the tank.

As for the diveinn thread: Seaquest (distributors of apeks now) has this policy of not upholding the warranty if you do NOT go into the store to purchase it. I.E. mail order regulators voids the warranty (check the seaquest web page for more info on this or consult the reg's owners manual also found on the web site) Have also heard stories about service centers refusing to service the unit because it was purchased mail order. Current (at the time of this writing) diveinn is out of stock on the tx50/ds4.

As for the convertors/adapters: I have heard numerous stories about failures of these donuts/adapters and as a general rule of thumb it is suggest to NOT dive with them but to use them at FILL STATIONS ONLY.

AS for the price: I still think that at $500 a pop for this set is WAY to much. Diveinn has good prices that can't be beat (checked on that one) especially when you know the shops are buying them for about 1/2 that.

Safe diving and hope you enjoy your new toys.

Ed

Originally posted by Mario S Caner
Wheezy... so you ran into Michael Steidley heh! What did you think of the guy? Right now you must be think holy cow! Tis a small world my friend... tis a small world!

Like I said.. VERY nice guy.. just seemed like he was in a hurry. Met him over at Sport Chalet in Huntington Beach.

Placing my order tonight... just getting the reg/ gonna hold off on that Mares BC/ don't know enough about it yet.

Thanks you guys... this place is great. I can't believe I've never found it or even heard of it until last week.

Best Regards... :D

Your welcome wheezy! It's satisfaction like what you've displayed that makes it all worth while. Do other divers you know a favor and be sure to tell them about the site. The more the merrier!

Sea you in the Deep Blue!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom