HELP: Before my First class monday: HELP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There has been a lot of good advice here already. I agree w/ Art.chick on avoiding the testosterone junkies who are diving to prove something. With 20 years diving and a military backgournd, it sounds like he enjoys bringing his knowledge to newbies. IMO small classes are the best, you get more one on one time and attention. My husband and I were the only ones in our class and God knows I needed a little extra attention!

My advice practice your skills in the pool while hanging around waiting for everyone else to demonstrate skills (ie - practice hoovering while instructor is doing CESA) and if you are not absolutely comfortable after the 4 pool sessions, ask the shop if you can get more pool time. Most LDS I deal with are always very accomodating. I think we ended up doing 7-9 pool sessions for OW. I knew I was more than ready when I spent the night calculating the volume of the pool by counting the tiles...

I am so Dissapointed TODAY !! IT SUPPSED TO BE POOL DAY !!!!! Guess what ?? IT IS RAINING MAD NOW !!!!!!!!!!

my class was canceled today and the next pool day is MONDAY !!! I CANT TAKE THIS ANYMORE !!!!!!!!!! I wanna dive in !!!! #$^#GEWGEYER^$# $# $#B # %@# @#$ @# !~!!:fury: :monster:

My advice practice your skills in the pool while hanging around waiting for everyone else to demonstrate skills (ie - practice hoovering while instructor is doing CESA)

PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS!

If the Instructor is working with you & other students, that is NOT the time to be playing around in the pool. The most prudent thing a student can do while this is going on is to sit quietly, watch, & learn.

There will be plenty of "play time" later after the skills sessions are done. THEN you can practice.

Otherwise, you are making it more difficult for the Instructor to teach & the Certified Assistant to keep an eye on things. Not to mention drawing the attention away from the demonstrations of the skills.

~SubMariner~

Oh man do I know how you feel.

My first session was a washout because of mis-communications. My rescheduled first session was nothing more than written tests and the swimming test. No gear. I'm not complaining about the testing though. IT IS IMPORTANT, I was just itching to gear up.

Finally my third Saturday which was a month after I signed up, I got to gear up.

Tomorrow is pool session #2. It's not even 1:00pm here and I'm already so excited I can't concentrate.

Hang in there, it's worth the wait.

Now on to my silly question. A rained out pool session? Aren't you going to get wet in the pool anyway?

We have a pool at our apartment complex. In the summer if it's raining the pool is always empty, except for my friends and I.

Dxtreme once bubbled...
I am so Dissapointed TODAY !! IT SUPPSED TO BE POOL DAY !!!!! Guess what ?? IT IS RAINING MAD NOW !!!!!!!!!!

my class was canceled today and the next pool day is MONDAY !!! I CANT TAKE THIS ANYMORE !!!!!!!!!! I wanna dive in !!!! #$^#GEWGEYER^$# $# $#B # %@# @#$ @# !~!!:fury: :monster:

I guess if it rains then there are chances of getting hit by Lightning !! ;-0 and i think it hurts !

Yeah, I wouldn't want to swim in an outdoor pool during a thunderstorm either.

Around here we get occasional thunder storms, but mostly just a hell of a lot of rain.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom