Help! Best route to SOQ from YUL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, I can understand that. Unfortunately, I booked my flights from Jakarta to Shanghai already, and I fly out of Jakarta the day after my LOB, so doing Manado afterwards is sadly not an option. Live and learn.

OK, I can understand that. Unfortunately, I booked my flights from Jakarta to Shanghai already, and I fly ot of Jakarta the day after my LOB, so doing Manado afterwards is sadly not an option. Live and learn.

Well, we can still make the best of it. If you are going to fly to Manado, you can muck dive in Lembeh! :) It is a nice place to visit to balance the wide angle/reef/big stuff of Raja Ampat/Cenderawasih if you are going to Sorong. There is macro there as well, don't get me wrong, but not like in Lembeh. :)

=)
Thank you so much for all this amazing advice. I'll have to look into the stop over option - I've never done that, so I have no idea how, but I'll figure it out.

I keep getting an error when I try to book on Garuda, so I've decided to go with Batik.

I'm in the process of booking a roundtrip flight Jakarta-Sorong.
Departure: November 20, 0:30am
Arrival: November 20, 6:30am
My flight to Jakarta lands at 1pm on the 19th, so I think I have enough buffer to catch it.

Departure: December 6, 7:50am
Arrival: December 6, 10am
My flight to Shanghai leaves Jakarta at 4:35pm on the 6th, so I think I have enough time to catch it.

I will book a roundtrip to Manado separately. Worse comes to worse, I don't go and lose the $ for that flight. I have enough days between landing in Sorong and leaving on the LOB to not miss the boat.

I keep getting an error when I try to book on Garuda, so I've decided to go with Batik.

I'm in the process of booking a roundtrip flight Jakarta-Sorong.
Departure: November 20, 0:30am
Arrival: November 20, 6:30am
My flight to Jakarta lands at 1pm on the 19th, so I think I have enough buffer to catch it.

Departure: December 6, 7:50am
Arrival: December 6, 10am
My flight to Shanghai leaves Jakarta at 4:35pm on the 6th, so I think I have enough time to catch it.

I will book a roundtrip to Manado separately. Worse comes to worse, I don't go and lose the $ for that flight. I have enough days between landing in Sorong and leaving on the LOB to not miss the boat.

Try to book on Garuda through Nusatrip.com if you are getting an error with Garuda directly. It is worth booking via Garuda as they are a better carrier and have much better baggage policies as well. Is the error because of your credit card for fraud protection?

Try searching for the "multi city" option instead of "round trip" and "one way". Or you can do Jakarta to Sorong and Manado to Jakarta as a multi city and just buy Sorong to Manado as a one way if you can't do all 3 as multi city but you should be able to.

I get the error after I select the return flight, so it's not a credit card issue because I don't even get to that step. I tried emptying my cache, tried different browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Explorer), different OS (Mac and Windos), but it still won't work. It's been doing that for days.

The Multicity option also doesn't work on Garuda. There is no box next to it, and when I click on Multicity, I get an error 404. I don't see a multicity option on Nusatrip.

What a mess! Maybe I should ask the LOB company to book that part for me. It's a service the offer.

I get the error after I select the return flight, so it's not a credit card issue because I don't even get to that step. I tried emptying my cache, tried different browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Explorer), different OS (Mac and Windos), but it still won't work. It's been doing that for days.

The Multicity option also doesn't work on Garuda. There is no box next to it, and when I click on Multicity, I get an error 404. I don't see a multicity option on Nusatrip.

What a mess! Maybe I should ask the LOB company to book that part for me. It's a service the offer.

Try booking through Nusatrip then. They are reliable and reputable. Their customer service is also quite good. I have reached out to them before flights to help me with things and they have been good. Granted, I haven't had anything go wrong yet so I can't speak to their customer service doing that. Good luck!

I found a work around by Googling "multicity garuda airlines" and clicking on the page URL. I was able to book a Jakarta-Manado-Sorong-Jakarta flight. So it worked out! I have to fly Lion Air from Manado to Sorong because the flights on Garuda are all sold out.

Flying Lion Air makes me nervous on account of their stellar safety reputation, but I don't have much of a choice. Well, unless I fly with Sriwijaya Air, but I'm not sure that is a better option based on what I've read here and elsewhere... <shrug>

Keep in mind that you'll be tired when you finally get to your first stay stop. This appears to be Sorong?

I tuck in to the hotel and go to bed and sleep as long as my body will let me do so. Bear in mind that if you arrive early morning, you may not actually be given your room until a few hours later. This leaves you with a bunch of other folk in the lobby area feeling like crap. :p so be prepared to be patient.

My first stay will be in Manado, at 10:45pm. I'll get a room at the Novotel.

I probably made some bad flight choices, and future Mel might swear at present Mel... but I tried to find a balance between shorter layovers, cost, and number of connecting flights. I have at least 4 hours between each of my connecting flights, ore than 6 for the ones on separate tickets.

Back
Top Bottom