• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Help! Best route to SOQ from YUL

Discussion in 'General Travel and Vacation Discussions' started by Melisande Leduc, Sep 6, 2019.

1. chillyinCanada

chillyinCanada Solo Diver Staff Member

Is there a way to pay for your Novotel room in advance? Or even better, have enough IDR on you to pay for your room. I have no idea what their problem is but I've been hung up there a couple of times because they could not process my credit card payment. Beyond frustrating when your room is ready but you can't get in because your card(s) don't work in their system. I have no idea if this is because they're Canadian credit cards or just what. In future, I will only be using cash.

2. Melisande Leduc

Melisande Leduc Angel Fish

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Thanks for the tip. If I can't prepay online, I'll make sure to have sufficient IDR with me.

chillyinCanada likes this.
  3. outofofficebrb

outofofficebrb HARRO HUNNAYYY

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Another option is to book through something like Orbitz or Agoda where you pre-pay. Agoda or Booking.com tends to be a bigger thing in Asia so that is what I usually use. (The locals in the hospitality industry are more familiar with it than Orbitz or Expedia.) I haven’t run into issues yet; I’ve been doing the pre-paid options that way to avoid hassle/miscommunication and surprise exchange differences, etc. Granted, that only works if the hotel you want is on that site.

I’ve been happy with their customer service as well (Agoda).

4. Melisande Leduc

Melisande Leduc Angel Fish

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Yup, I prepaid my room with Agoda. Good deal too! I'm all set!!!! :)

5. Shasta_man

Shasta_man Loggerhead Turtle

Without reading the whole thread I'll suggest you buffer your connections from your "Sorong to X" flight home as well. Flights leaving Sorong are also delayed frequently.

chillyinCanada likes this.