Help! Can't pee in the water!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I am of those who have never peed in thei wet suit... yet. I do not think it would be a real problem if I had to.
I usually dive from small boat which have no facilities (zodiac size).
This summer we had one day where we waited more than usual on the boat (usually it is about 2 hours), maybe the water was colder. Several divers needed to pee after they had climbed back on the boat. They just remove their wet suit (partially, as the water is 15C, they wanted to redress afterwards) and jumped in the water again! You could tell the crew you really need a bath just after the dive! (It should be easier to pee in a bath suit... and easier to rince).

I have found out that I must have a 60 gallon bladder because I am one of those that hasn't pee'd in his wetsuit. I think I could if I had to but I just wish that wetsuit's came with a FLY. My wetsuit is a "Near dry" wetsuit with some pretty tight seals so flushing it out, with it on, would be a problem.

I find it's easy to pee if you relax and count in french!

Hmm... do fish wait until Surface Intervals?
Given all the "organic matter" in the water, you're not going to do any harm. Also, where exactly does the contents of the ship's head go?
The only real worry is does peeing in the water attract unwanted attention from the wildlife?

I been diving a long time and that is one thing I still have trouble with that. I do think it's more psychological than anything. Just try to relax. Maybe someday we both will be able to easily do it.

As far as Belize, I just came back from there. If you're doing the three tank dives to the Blue Hole, they go on the bigger boats (40+ foot) which have heads. I used Amigo Del Mare. Their crew was great. They were very professional and did everything for you. They set up your tanks, and made sure there is always food and drink out. You go to an island for lunch where they take you on a nature walk. We had an excellent time with them.

Enjoy your trip.

Bill

trisha, i think the problem is more in line with a psychological block than with any
hardware (man-made or not) issues :wink:

after all, the ocean is the world's greatest public toilet facility (for number 1 anyway)

Oh, I am so relieved to find this topic (no pun intended). I am new here to the board.

My husband thinks I am crazy. I have never aborted a dive due to a full bladder, but I have certainly been in some pain because of it. I have no problem in a pool or the shower as others have suggested. In fact, I have no problem in my wetsuit if my feet are on the ground/boat with my wetsuit wet or dry. It is only at the surface or underwater "floating" that this problem occurs.

I have found that is I am in a situation where I can get to the bottom and touchdown or hold on to a rock or something and TOTALLY relax I can mentally then force myself to go. I have to be completely relaxed. It will never happen with the slightest little fin kick.

I have the same problem and have a heck of a time with it. I try forcing it but I'm worried I'm going to blow a gasket doing that. I usually hydrate like crazy all day before and during the trip, so this is a big problem. I tried floating on the surface hanging on to the boat anchor line but that doesn't seem to work for me. I'm thinking I'll try the lounging on the sand looking at something and see if that works.

When you gotta go....
Bless her heart, pediatron is going to be on that boat three days... adding to the ocean's water supply won't be the only consideration.
May you have a large, tasteful restroom and plenty of privacy. Lacking that, I'd be at Camping World and Academy for some primitive camping accessories. Just in case.

Back
Top Bottom