Help choosing Macro and Wide Angle Lenses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubagirl62

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just purchased a Canon G7x Mark II and am going with the Fantasea housing. My previous setup was a Canon S100 and I have never used wet macro or wide angle lenses. I really love the macro stuff and want to be able to see the small details. I am looking for some collective wisdom that can fit on the Fantasea housing.

Thanks!

I just purchased a Canon G7x Mark II and am going with the Fantasea housing. My previous setup was a Canon S100 and I have never used wet macro or wide angle lenses. I really love the macro stuff and want to be able to see the small details. I am looking for some collective wisdom that can fit on the Fantasea housing.

Thanks!

Hye there.. They have many type of macro lens and wide angle lens at market now.. For macro lens i suggest u to go for aquako type III or IV and for wide angle lens u can go for Inon uwl-h100 type 2 both of this lens should be works with ur case.. Goodluck!

Hye there.. They have many type of macro lens and wide angle lens at market now.. For macro lens i suggest u to go for aquako type III or IV and for wide angle lens u can go for Inon uwl-h100 type 2 both of this lens should be works with ur case.. Goodluck!

I have recently purchased the Canon G7X Mk2 with fantasea Housing, I am a bigginer in the UW field and just bought a Dyron 0.3x (15mm) wet Wide Angle lens, apparently good for videoing also and best to shoot in Macro mode they say, only had 1 dive with it so far but seems good on wide Angle, definitely better with than without. I bought it so I can shoot both wide and Macro, I also love Nudis etc and want to get great pictures of them but also want wide for wrecks and sharks

I have recently purchased the Canon G7X Mk2 with fantasea Housing, I am a bigginer in the UW field and just bought a Dyron 0.3x (15mm) wet Wide Angle lens, apparently good for videoing also and best to shoot in Macro mode they say, only had 1 dive with it so far but seems good on wide Angle, definitely better with than without. I bought it so I can shoot both wide and Macro, I also love Nudis etc and want to get great pictures of them but also want wide for wrecks and sharks
U may go for Inon uwl-h100 + Dome unit II with this combination u can get more wide for shoot wreck shark manta..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom