Help from a member of "Spearboard"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hope everyone got their account straightened out........... if not, give me a shout and I will call Tony for you.

Spearboard and Spearfishingplanet are the same format and both are decent sites. Planet members don't seem to vent as much. There is alot of knowledge on both sites. SB does seem to have a group that is more PC than what I would like to see. I have stopped posting trip reports because of guys complaining about the amount of fish I shoot....... not worth the headaches.

As for the Cali guys not being friendly to scuba, their just not friendly........... :D

:classic: I totally agree. :sharkattack:

Killer&Griller, I must respectfully disagree with most of what you have said. I find SpearfishingPlanet members to be mostly "know-it-all" and if you post anything they disagree with, they are quick to put you down. I am not from the west coast but I find many guys out there to be the most helpful of both sites. Can't figure out why you would say they are not friendly. Maybe you can educate me on that one.
Finally, regarding trip reports, well there are very well-defined rules regarding trip reports and if you violate those rules, your pics are taken down by the mods. What is wrong with that?:D

He was referring to legal limits of fish, within the rules policy. The tree-huggers still give you a hard time if you shoot lots of fish. K&G can shoot, and has some sick spots. I've seen his HODs, and the Spearboard complaints about them.
C

Spearboard was founded by scuba shooters and is still dominated by them. There has always been spirited debated whenever someone stirs the pot of "freediving versus scuba" but exclusive freedivers are a minority.

As luck would have it, I too am now having the same problem with not being able to post on spearboard and spearfishingplanet. Just a new guy here looking for advice and info. Just bought a Biller 48, and gonna try it out this weekend.

Since White Knight said he would respect spearing on scuba very deep , been spearing at 150 a hand full of times , at 130 many times off my boat alone . The fish at those depths can be very rewarding like 36 inch lingcod and 10+ pound calico bass lurking around . This is diving out of San Pedro in the shipping lanes .

I also registered with Spearboard and could never post anything. After sending several emails to the administrator, I gave up. This was about one year ago. My Spearboard user name is also urmaddad.

I had the same problem after I joined.

email spearmax@spearboard.com and give him your username, describe your problem and he'll fix it.

make sure to email him from the email that you registered from, or to include that also. so he can verify who you are etc.

Almost fell for the bug. Actually touched my screen just to be sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom