Help ! Guy Gilpatric - The compleat goggler

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got got a phone call from Nancy at Evergreen. One of her workers got a picture, and should be texting it to my phone shortly!

Lobo

Edit- I have received the pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
The world is truly flat! Amazing from request to conquest!

Get a picture of Edward Stratemeyer’s grave too!

143996288_1426976364.jpg

Photo by Jessi-Schnittchen
Member Profile: Jessi-Schnittchen - Find A Grave

IMG950920.jpg IMG950921.jpg IMG950925.jpg Evergreen-Cemetery-Map-with-Colors-768x994.jpg

I finally figured it out.

Lobo

Any new word?

Fantastic ! is the word ! The only word to describe this find !

For the better part of 25 or more years several European historians and I have been searching for the exact grave site of Guy Gilpatric and his wife Maude. Since he was from NYC we have concentrated in NYC and the state of NY with out success.

It has been possibly five maybe as long as ten years since I last searched all to no avail.

Last week I decided to give SCUBA Board a try -- the results were Fantastic !

A big Thank You to @Lobo 73 all the way from Missouri, @MaxBottomtime from down south in LA and @tridacna way back east who lives only 5 minutes away from this holy site.

It was Guy Gilpatric though his featured articles an American magazine and the subsequent 1938 book "The Compleat Goggler" who, in the 1930s introduced the public to the under water world along with a young blonde headed Viennese the late (Dr) Hans Hass (who is mentioned in the "Goggler") and about ten years later to a Frenchman named Cousteau. It was the pioneering work of Mr.Gilpatric who lead the way for all to follow

The book, The Compleat Goggler was all but lost when the late Chuck Blakeslee, who just happened to be the founder and editor of Skin Diver Magazine (SDM) discovered the Complete Goggler, contracted with the original printer and had it reproduced and marketed it via SDM in 1956.

Very few copies were purchased and now it along with its original issue in 1938 are considered a prized collectors book

Once again a big thank you to @Lobo 73, @MaxBottomtime @tridacna for your assistance

Sam Miller, III

Mr. Miller,

Thank you for the kind words! I am just glad I could help out a little, and be involved in this special event!

Lobo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom