Help Identify this regulator!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

southernexplorer

Registered
Reaction score
I picked this up from the big auction site and was trying to figure out what it is. Looks a little like a MK10 but I never seen knurled knobs on Scubapro.

IMG_0405.jpg
IMG_0406.jpg
IMG_0403.jpg
IMG_0404.jpg

I can't find a picture with the same ports or a scubapro with a snapping holding the filter in.

The MK5 was one of the most copied first stage designs. I suspect it's a copy (almost.)

Edit: I'm also wondering if the knurled knob had a plastic cap over it that has since cracked or fell off.

Would the knurling be chrome plated if it had a plastic handle on it at on time? The chrome plating is almost perfect on the entire reg. So can I rule out it being an original Scubapro?

Would the knurling be chrome plated if it had a plastic handle on it at on time?
Good point, I don't know the answer. However, the diameter of the knob looks small.
The yoke also looks a bit different than any generation of SP regs I've come across.
So can I rule out it being an original Scubapro?
The most telling thing is the cap. The cap (not to be confused with the swivel) is the part that screws directly onto the body. It is very different than any SP regulator I've seen. I would not bet my life, but I'm pretty sure it's not SP.

You are correct, the chrome is in very nice shape, this may turn out to be a very good buy regardless of the make.

It was only $20. I don't have a full tank of air but have one at about 250 psi and it was not leaking and breathing was good.

The only writing on it is service 4000psi or 280 bar and Made in Italy. Here is a size comparison with a MK10plus.

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

$20 sounds like a good deal. FWIW, I would bet the seat is interchangeable with the readily available MK5/10 seats (not a MK10 Plus.)

Back
Top Bottom