Help Identifying backplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaBunga

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I got this backplate with a pair of 19cf ponies. There was a custom made twin holder on the back. It's a stainless 3mm backplate but there are no manufacture info anywhere on it.

Hopefully I got the picture attached..

it looks like a basic backplate - single strap slots and standard 11" bolt holes for doubles - no slots for single tank. 13" long

Any ideas who made this or what it's worth? I'm not setup for backplate/wing doubles so have no use for this right now (possibly in the future).

It does have two bolts welded to it for the pony bottle double setup, but those could be ground off easily enough to return it to just a backplate.

Thanks for all input.
View attachment 437019

Attachments

• backplate.jpg
    backplate.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 83
From what I have found it seems it's a size small plate, but I have not been able to find anything else out. There seem to be a lot of BP/W divers on this forum - any help identifying or pricing? Or with identification I may get some webbing and a wing and actually use this setup (also have my two boys which I think would fit a small size backplate).
Thanks,

Any "brand" plate is usually marked, so it could be a custom plate made by anyone with access to 3mm plate stainless. Looks good if the standard size plate is too long for your back. Bolt spacing looks standard (but appears wide because the backplate is shorter than standard), so if you want to dive it with a single tank you just need a single tank adaptor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom