Help identifying old Scuba Pro 1st stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

btw - here is the first generation model (but with a later heavy yoke swapped in):

IMG_20200812_082731.jpg

Thanks! My dive shop owner wasn't sure.

Any suggestions on a good match for a 2nd stage for a solid deco setup?
Another bullet proof option would be a Conshelf (1085) metal second. As mechanically simple as it gets, and a decent breather.

I would just put a deep six second on it like mine.

I like to be able to de-tune the cracking pressuring on bottles so they don’t free-flow. The deep six is inexpensive and breathes great.

I upgraded all mine from R series to the Deep Six signature seconds.

Or a HOG second. Both give you an adjustable second (which again could be a 109/156). Even a g250v then could be an option.

Lots of choices...

FWIW Any product marked with CE "European Conformity" or "Conformité Européenne" for the Francophones means it was mfg post 1985. So no more than 35 years old, not yet vintage.

That CE designation has been around that long? Now I'm starting to feel old...

FWIW Any product marked with CE "European Conformity" or "Conformité Européenne" for the Francophones means it was mfg post 1985. So no more than 35 years old, not yet vintage.

The 98 indicates it was born on or after October 1998

Yep, newer MK-2.....I would wonder about a LDS that does not know what it is, they are very common and have been around for many years. You can pair pretty much any second stage with it, a 109 would be perfect.It's not fancy but a rock solid reg.
As the MK2 is unbalanced, better to match it with a balanced second stage. So either a 109 converted to BA or a 156. I do not suggest an unmodified 109, which is unbalanced too.
At that point it becomes a VERY FANCY reg, something which will be admired in every diving shop all around the world...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom