Help Identifying Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I bought this Tusa regulator second hand, and the owner had very little information on it. I am trying to take it apart to see if it is usable. I have googled to kingdom come, and not even my dive professor can figure it out. Can someone help identify what exactly it is I have here so I can locate any manuals on it?
C061FF98-285D-4891-BB56-2D60ED6341F6_1_105_c.jpeg
1A5406BE-3DCD-4C0B-B5EB-98D0F9D4A75A_1_105_c.jpeg
5DCF7BAD-A351-4320-8492-0466A965F612_1_105_c.jpeg

If the turret is fixed, I think it's a TR 10 1st, if the turret is movable, it should be a TR 100 1st.
According to the schematics, it should be a balanced piston 1st, nothing special or demanding.
If I remember right, you could even flip the HP seat like in the old MK Vs.......
Sorry, I don't have a Repair Manual for that model......

Welcome to Scuba Board.

Agree with @axxel57 ...not sure of the exact model, but most TUSA piston first stages are very similar to each other and similar to the Scubapro MK5. Attached is a parts diagram of the TR-200 Liberator as its the closest manual I have to your model. The o-ring sizes are pretty easy to figure out as they in the part number. I may even have a few seats to donate. When you get it apart post a picture of the seat and the dimensions and we'll try to match it up.

Attachments

• TR-200 LIBERATOR 1ST STAGE & TR-200,SS-200 LIBERATOR 2ND STAGE.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 278
Thank you very much, yes the turret rotates and from what we were able to get taken apart it looks just like the TR-200 Liberator. We were able to remove and inspect all the HP and LP ports, the HP retainer seat, and the inside of the yolk retainer. It was all in surprisingly good condition. What we couldn't figure out was how to remove the end cap with the knurling on it. Assuming it screws off, but any tips on how to get it off without forcing too much and damaging it?

If you don't have a regulator holding tool go the the hardware store and get a bolt that's the same size and thread pitch as a high pressure port or hose. 7/16-20 I think-but verify. Screw the bolt almost all the way into the hp port and chuck it up into a vice. (If you have an old hp hose fitting that might work too.) Now attempt to remove the cap trying tools in this order: a strap wrench, (protect the finish with tape) cannon plug pliers , a pipe wrench, large channel lock pliers, large vice grip pliers to unscrew the cap. Note: The cap is the part that screws onto the body-it is not the swivel turret.

Attached is a MK5 manual. It is pretty close to the regulator you have.

Attachments

• MK 5 Reference & Repair Guide.pdf
    5.7 MB · Views: 402
Welcome to Scuba Board.

Agree with @axxel57 ...not sure of the exact model, but most TUSA piston first stages are very similar to each other and similar to the Scubapro MK5. Attached is a parts diagram of the TR-200 Liberator as its the closest manual I have to your model. The o-ring sizes are pretty easy to figure out as they in the part number. I may even have a few seats to donate. When you get it apart post a picture of the seat and the dimensions and we'll try to match it up.
On the first glance I cannot see any difference between the TR 100 and the TR 200 Liberator.........Strange....

Attachments

• TABATA TR 100 1ST.pdf
    267.8 KB · Views: 156
On the first glance I cannot see any difference between the TR 100 and the TR 200 Liberator.........Strange....

I know that TUSA is an acronym for Tabata USA , but the diagrams are labeled as "Tabata TR-100" vs "TUSA TR-200" ...

Back
Top Bottom