Help Identifying Some Dive Rite Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TN-Steve

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey Gang,

I'm in the process of learning Equipment Repair at my LDS, and as a project I got some used regs off ebay and other sources. I need to positively identify them so I can order the kits to rebuild them as part of my training. I'm posting this as 4 threads, one for each reg. Anything you can tell me about the reg would also be appreciated.

Mods merged the 4 threads into 1, so PLEASE specify which reg of the 4 you're commenting on.

Thanks,

Steve

Reg 1. (I believe that this is a hurricane, due to the double sized exhaust valve. Does it also have a model number?)

Reg1 (1 of 6).jpgReg1 (2 of 6).jpgReg1 (3 of 6).jpgReg1 (4 of 6).jpgReg1 (5 of 6).jpgReg1 (6 of 6).jpg

Last edited:
Help Identifying Some Dive Rite Regs (Reg 2 of 4)

Reg 2: This one I don't have a guess on, but the body is has a small hole (not designed) in the threaded area where the cover retaining ring screws in. IF by some chance Dive Rite has any old bodies in stock, or if somebody here has one, I'd be interested). In any case, I'd probably still rebuild it, just for the hands on experience)

Reg2 (1 of 4).jpgReg2 (2 of 4).jpgReg2 (3 of 4).jpgReg2 (4 of 4).jpg

Last edited:
Help Identifying Some Dive Rite Regs (Reg 3 of 4)

Reg 3. I think these (I've got 2 of them) are 1215 octopus regs. They are just a simple poppet valve, no diver adjust on spring pressure, and a simple dive / predive that looks like it either directs an air stream toward the diaphragm or down the mouthpiece shaft)

Reg3 (1 of 3).jpgReg3 (2 of 3).jpgReg3 (3 of 3).jpg

Last edited:
Help Identifying Some Dive Rite Regs (Reg 4 of 4)

Reg 4: I think these (have 2) are 1208 first stages. 4 LP ports, rotating turret.
Reg4 (1 of 2).jpgReg4 (2 of 2).jpg

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom