Help: Mike Ball vs SOF July 20th Coral Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey there! I've booked the Spoilsport in May (very excited!) and wanted to check in about your comment above. I understand that the trip requires advanced certification (me) or experienced OW (my boyfriend), which we qualify for yet I must admit that my boyfriend just hits the minimum requirement of just 10 dives in the past 12 months as an OW diver. Can we expect the dives to be guided or at least to have detailed instruction by the dive masters before each dive?

I was on the Spirit of Freedom back in October. There was always 1 DM in the water that you could follow for the entire dive. There was usually a group that liked to join them. They are there more as safety divers but they will also point stuff out to you as they see them. If you're uneasy about navigation and want a reminder here and there asking you about your air, they will certainly do that.

Standard issue is a Nautilus Lifeline that you must carry at all times. Bring a DSMB that you know how to use - you might need it like I did.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom