HELP! Mystery ScubaPro Regulator Model

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SP is like Aqualung in that there is fantastic support for discontinued products. With the exception of the SP Pilot regulator, I believe that parts are available for nearly all other regulators. A SP shop should have no trouble getting a MkIII / R108 in perfect working order.

The second is not a problem at all, mostly common parts. The first stage uses many of the same parts as the current MK-2 and the orings are common size. No reason at all not to rebuild it and use it as long as the price is right.

Howdy all!

Looking to buy a regulator for my kit and I came across an interesting post on craigslist. Some guy bought a foreclosed storage container that had these 3 Scuba Pro regulators in them. He's selling them for $200 each but I have no idea what year and model they are. Can anyone please help? Are they any good and worth the asking price?

Hi Andrew,

Welcome to SB. Those are nice regulators, but as already mentioned $200 each is way too much for those sets even if they have been recently serviced. There are a number of us on SB who not only service our own gear, but have a bad habit of buying, rebuilding, and reselling regulators of that vintage. If you are looking for a nice used set that's already been serviced, or if you think you'd like to DIY ask away in the DIY forum. @halocline @herman @buddhasummer @NotSure @rsingler me @couv and a few others could put something together for you at a more reasonable price. Be forewarned, if you do decide to start DIY you'll find you can never have enough.

BTW where in Texas are you? I'm in Houston.

I've never had an issue with any parts, I've always been able to get what I've needed/wanted, even new parts that have been out of production for decades. It's a big wide world, people have all sorts of stuff laying around. Perseverance is the key.

Having said that almost all parts are relatively easy to get, many are common to current models. Getting the part I want when numerous dealers have said impossible is most satisfying.

Back
Top Bottom