Help on set up first side mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, sound good, i did came across the website but could not find anyone have done it to get some feedback. Is the course also walk you through how to set up the rigs? how and where to tie the bungees on the wing.
I know Andy did say the answer above but it a bit hard for me as a beginner to follow what he said without a bit more details.

I bought the package that had all of Steve Martins lessons and I felt like I got my money's worth out of it, especially since there are no sidemount instructors anywhere near where I live. I watched all of the videos before I bought most of my sidemount gear to understand the process and now I am rewatching them as I follow along.

7. If using steel cylinders, you'll only need one set of waist D-rings. You need two sets for aluminum. Set these slightly up from the mid-torso. You'll need to adjust these after in-water testing, so that the cylinders fall down to the correct trim position. It depends a little on your waist measurement... so it's hard to give specific measurements.

Take some photos with the rig on and we can fine-tune it from there...

I will post some photo shortly. How do we attach the lower point of the tank to th waist D-ring, I try attach it to the Ring where the butt pocket attached and feel a bit weird when finning. With Steel is the sliding D-ring good or i have to change it to a fix D-ring? and what position would the D-ring be located on the waist belt?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom