Help on Surface Marker

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeS

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I want to get a surface marker so I started looking into the options. Since I can’t afford everything in the dive store, and I’d run out of D-rings, I was thinking about combining some functionality.

My current train of thought is I should get a surface marker that can also serve as a lift bag in a pinch and positive buoyancy in an emergency.

The requirements I have sorted out so far are:
1. Easy attachment of slate.
2. Can be filled from low pressure inflator or orally.
3. Can easily be attached to provide lift.

I’m thinking about a Halcyon Big Alert Marker.

Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

OMS (yeah, the same foks that make the WOD) makes some sausages that are tough as hell with an easy to fill one-way inlet, overpressure valve, etc. They come in a variety of sizes/lenghts/lift capabilities - worth a look-see.

I use the OMS 50lb lift bag surface marker buoy. It has open bottom non spill arrangement and stands up very tall with a little down force. It also has a dump valve for lifting ops. I use surgical tubing to mount it. It comes with shock cord loop to keep it rolled and harness with with dog clip. Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom