Help! Packing for Coz trip and need info...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

islanddream

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We are leaving for Coz in two days and I'm in the process of packing. I've looked at water temps on different websites but would like to know what temp you're getting at in the 60-80' range. Not surface temp...bottom temp. If you've been diving within the last few days, what water temp are you getting on your computer in the depth stated above? Thanks so much!

I just returned 3/4/17. The lowest temp my dc recorded for the entire 17 dives was 79 degrees. The average was 80.

We are leaving for Coz in two days and I'm in the process of packing. I've looked at water temps on different websites but would like to know what temp you're getting at in the 60-80' range. Not surface temp...bottom temp. If you've been diving within the last few days, what water temp are you getting on your computer in the depth stated above? Thanks so much!
FWIW, there's not much difference between surface and bottom temperatures off Cozumel.

Yeah, you will not have thermoclines. Now that 80 on the first day may feel like 75 by the fifth day :)

Everyone looked to be in 3-5mm wetsuits last week. Ain't that a bit thick for Playa? Was expecting to see mostly bathing suits.

Men had some shorty ones, but the women seemed covered. Even saw a few hoods.

I just returned 3/4/17. The lowest temp my dc recorded for the entire 17 dives was 79 degrees. The average was 80.
Thanks, Newdiv, for the up-to-date water temps. I'm leaving the neoprene at home and bringing the Sharkskin! 79 will feel like bath water. I've been getting 69-70 degrees here at home....5 mm sucks!

Thanks, Newdiv, for the up-to-date water temps. I'm leaving the neoprene at home and bringing the Sharkskin! 79 will feel like bath water. I've been getting 69-70 degrees here at home....5 mm sucks![/QUOTE

I dove in my swimsuit and long sleeve rash guard and was comfortable the entire week.

Everyone looked to be in 3-5mm wetsuits last week. Ain't that a bit thick for Playa? Was expecting to see mostly bathing suits.

Men had some shorty ones, but the women seemed covered. Even saw a few hoods.
Of course, as everyone says, because it's true: everyone's tolerance for cold water is different. One person's bathwater is another's ice bath.

In January my computer showed 81 degrees on all dives and after day 1 I started wearing a shortie over my 3/2mm full. I wasn't cold but a little cool especially until I dried off. Going next week and was thinking about just bringing the shortie since it will be a short trip, 3-4 dive days. I am was planning on saving $50 and getting everything in a carry-on. Now I am rethinking things, 79 degrees might get to me after the first day.

In late February 2016, I wore a 3mm Bare Elastek with a Sharkskin tank top for additional core coverage. I was fine. My wife wore a 5mm suit and was comfortable. We did two dives a day. Have a great trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom