Help! Photos red in "sea" mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

teddyg04

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My photos with my Reefmaster Mini come out red in the "sea" mode. When I use the "landscape" mode, they're better, but on the blue side. I'm new to underwater photography, and would appreciate any advice.

How deep were you?
Sea mode is designed to add back the reds removed by deeper water. I found that while snorkeling using normal mode produced better color. I found this out the hard way and this should be useful to you, the red pictures are correctable using many of the standard photo editors. I just removed 40% of the red and added back in some blue and greens (mostly blue as I shot my photos on "sea blue")

Not deep at all; everything in Bermuda is fairly shallow: 25-70 ft. There's a setting for less than 25 ft, but still gave me red photos. Looks like I'll have to learn Photoshop..... Thanks for the input.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom