Help - Phuket and Koh Phi Phi - Recommendations for 2 morning dives only

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kulhan

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm heading to Phuket & Koh Phi Phi for a honeymoon tomorrow. So, time is not on my side.
On top of that, my beautiful wife does not dive but would snorkel. However, what I'm reading from other posts, snorkeling and diving do not seem to mix well in Thailand.
As much as I'd love to do a full day of diving, I also do not want to cause a wave in our new marriage!

Help!
Can anyone please recommend a good place / operation to get two (hopefully fantastic) morning dives in?

Thanks!!!!

I just did some day diving from Phuket last week, and organized it through www.sunrise-divers.com and had a good experience...booking, the boat and guides, food on the boat were all good and organized, and I found it a good value for the price. The trip I did was the 3 dive Shark Point/King Cruiser/Koh Doc Moi which I enjoyed, although vis was awful, as it apparently has been lately according to our guide. I'd say Shark Point was suitable for snorkeling as well as perhaps Koh Doc Moi, but King Cruiser wouldn't have been. Nice soft coral, large schools of fish, several sea horses and ghost pipefish on the trip. I didn't do the other day options from Phuket so am not knowledgeable about them, but Sunrise seemed to offer all the trips any other operator offered and hopefully this points you in the right direction.

In the south end of Karon Beach you'll find Phuket Scuba Club. They open 10:00, and you can go for a shoredive, and take the long tail dive on Koh Puh a few hours later...Don't know how the viz is in this moment, I'm on the other side of the planet....but they recently spotted banded eel, lionfish, stonefish on the house reef..shallow(6-8m) but usually nice long dives... As everybody else in Phuket, they also arrange trips to wherever you want to dive in the area, including Phi-Phi...

Thanks for your help!
I really appreciate the quick replies!!!!
Good Diving to you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom