Help Please! Can't take off my hooded vest...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ebpearl4

Reaction score
Hi,

I just got my new hooded vest (Henderson Gold Core) - it fits nicely and I like the feel of it. However, I had such a hard time trying to take it off - I rolled it up to my underarms and struggled to pull it off. :( Does anybody have the same problem and perhaps some solution for it? Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks for your time.

bend forward Put your head in your buddys stomach your hands on his/her hips and have him / her roll it over you from the bottom.
Covering the inside with talcom powder helps. Be warned if your female DONT wear a bikini top, I have taken a lot of them of whilest removing vests:)

I used to wear a hoodless vest under my wetsuit. I was never able to get out of it by myself (fortunately I had the good sense to try it on over a t-shirt, otherwise the guys in the dive shop where I bought it would still be dining out on the story). Someone always had to haul it off over my head, as cdiver2 describes, with considerable effort.

For a while it was funny... it worked as an icebreaker on dive trips. Eventually I got fed up and had a zip added at the front. Now I can get undressed by myself :)

Zept

Ok, here's the best way to get out of a hooded vest:

Put one arm back thru the armhole, and out thru the bottom of it, then pull the rest of it over your head.

That will work. Pulling, or rolling it wont work as well, and may damage the suit.

Good Luck.

I agree with the previous post by lubold. I wear a hooded vest on most of my dives and I think there are two ways to get it off. 1. Have your dive buddy CUT it off, or 2. stick your arm through the arm hold and then down through the bottom. It will slide off much easier. Just trying to pull it off any other way is very difficult, sometimes almost impossible.
:guitar:

Thanks for your tips, guys. I guess it was a rather stupid question... Good to know about the danger of wearing a bikini top, though. I might have it altered (put a zipper in).

Thanks again. :)

The hand (I always do the left hand, but I don't suppose that makes any difference) back through the arm hole and down through the waist method makes it safe for the two-piece top as well...
Or so the Lovely Young Kat tells me.
Rick

cdiver2 once bubbled...
........snip........
Covering the inside with talcom powder helps. Be warned if your female DONT wear a bikini top, I have taken a lot of them of whilest removing vests:)

I dont quite understand this, perhaps a few pictures may help me understand.....anyone?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom