Help please - looking for good Vegetarian options in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ratjn

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am heading to Cozumel in two weeks and travelling this time with a strict vegetarian (non Vegan) couple. I have my favorite restaurants but I never look at the vegetarian options.

Your guidance would be greatly appreciated by my friends.

Jim

Sounds like your friend and I have the same dietary preferences. Check out Pepe's and Pancho's Backyard. Both are on the main street and had options I was happy with. We had dinner at Pepe's and it was probably the best meal of the week.

ChaCha's Kitchen nearly always has something yummy and vegetarian on the menu. In fact, most restaurants have something that vegetarians can eat. One thing you will want to point out to them...flour tortillas are made with animal fat but corn ones are not.

Vegetarian options always available at the following restaurants:
Cha Cha's
La Cuisine
Buccanos
Rock n Java
Le Chef
Midori (Japanese)
Kondessa
Rock n Java Noodle Bar

Just to name a few that come to the top of my head :)

Cowtown has vegetarians?
How did Forth Worth get into this conversation?

Or do you mean Calgary? That city has over a million people now, and Forth Worth is getting close to that, so anytime you have that many - you get all types.

Side note: Forth Worth almost died as a town after the Civil War with Reconstruction, the Long Depression, the railroad stopping 30 miles short, a severe winter of 1873: One lawyer was quoted of having seen "a panther (cougar, mountain lion) asleep in the street by the courthouse. Although an intended insult, the name Panther City was enthusiastically embraced."

Back
Top Bottom