Help save endangered Giant Sea Bass

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jr Clark

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am raising money for my Master's research project through crowdfunding, it involves the reproductive behavior of Giant Sea Bass, an endangered fish found off of the California coast. The funds will pay for a data-logging hydrophone (underwater camera) that costs an upwards $6000 and is crucial for the research.

Let me know if you have any questions about them. I'll answer anything I can. :D

Giants are beautiful fish and they need to be protected!
https://www.experiment.com/savethegiants

---------- Post added February 7th, 2014 at 05:59 PM ----------

I'm going to need an AAUS scientific certified diver as a field assistant this summer out on Catalina Island for this project. Everything is paid for on the island, housing/food/tanks etc. Let me know if you know anyone who would be interested! :thumb:

Unfortunately i can't help you out with funding as I am trying to raise funds to conduct research for my undergrad dissertation myself. Looks like a very interesting project and best of luck raising the required funds.

Dan (Undergrad Marine biologist)

Unfortunately i can't help you out with funding as I am trying to raise funds to conduct research for my undergrad dissertation myself. Looks like a very interesting project and best of luck raising the required funds.

Dan (Undergrad Marine biologist)

Hey man thanks for just checking it out! good luck to you as well. if you know anyone who would be willing to donate point them my way!

Back
Top Bottom