Help with gun selection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bbarnett51

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've been spearfishing for many years but mostly in the lake's of Arkansas. I know nothing about the gear needed for offshore ocean dives. I've booked a trip from Pensacola in Oct for 4 days of hunting:)

What model, size, bands etc.. should I order?

BTW.. I've been loyal to AB Biller but bc of your awesome service on here I'm going to buy from you guys. I really appreciate how you treat your customers and look forward to trying your product!

What are the subsurface conditions... reef, rocks, rigs? And what fish are you going after? Generally, for most of the spearfishing I do in the Texas gulf, a 42"-48" rear handle with 2 5/8" bands gets the job done. If I'm spearing a rig, and the fish are holding tight, a mid handle is little more maneuverable.

Wow thanks for the support. Very sorry for the tardy response. For that area a 110 cm would be a good choice a standard flopper tip is fine for snapper, grouper, jacks .two bands is probably best.
If you are scuba then you may want to consider the 110 ETR oceanic model. It cost a little more,but is faster to reload than other types of guns . more important for scua than for freedivers.

Thanks
Dano

Back
Top Bottom