Help with purchase decision

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought the Deep6 signature series first and second stage as well as the octopus...I think all 3 were around $500-550. It breathes unbelievably nice...Better than my Atomic ST1 and M1 set ups. Best Buy for the dollar by far
I think you just told us that you need to drop your Atomics at your shop for a retune.

I think you just told us that you need to drop your Atomics at your shop for a retune.

With respect sir, not necessarily, I had two tuned and serviced by an expert guru but was not enamoured with them, something about the breathing characteristics bothered me, granted I'm mad, but still, I found no love for Atomics. Obviously my opinion goes against the grain and general consensus but then also happy to admit I'm crazier than the average crazy person.

With respect sir, not necessarily, I had two tuned and serviced by an expert guru but was not enamoured with them, something about the breathing characteristics bothered me, granted I'm mad, but still, I found no love for Atomics. Obviously my opinion goes against the grain and general consensus but then also happy to admit I'm crazier than the average crazy person.

You ARE mad. Totally mad. LOL :wink:

I have SP Mk 25 EVO+G260. They were the best breathing regs I'd tried. They are still tied for best. But, I got an Atomic Z2 set for single tank and and M1 set for doubles and - to ME - they breathe equally nicely to my SP regs (which I still have and keep as backups for doubles).

I took my M1s to 300' on TX10/50 - yielding questionable gas density. I'm not recommending it and I won't do it again. I'm reporting the facts. Then my buddy got entangled in line (at 300'). It was exciting. Even with all that going on, I felt like my M1s breathed perfectly fine.

You ARE mad. Totally mad. LOL :wink:

I have SP Mk 25 EVO+G260. They were the best breathing regs I'd tried. They are still tied for best. But, I got an Atomic Z2 set for single tank and and M1 set for doubles and - to ME - they breathe equally nicely to my SP regs (which I still have and keep as backups for doubles).

I took my M1s to 300' on TX10/50 - yielding questionable gas density. I'm not recommending it and I won't do it again. I'm reporting the facts. Then my buddy got entangled in line (at 300'). It was exciting. Even with all that going on, I felt like my M1s breathed perfectly fine.

You should see me in real life, I'm able to control myself somewhat here. Mad as a hatter, no doubt.

But you like me anyway. Everyone likes at least one mad friend.

Everyone loves Simon! Even though he hates my Mk25s and unshiney 260s.

Note to OP. (And @kelemvor ). There is no such thing as a Parts for Life program unless you buy a SP BCD, reg set and computer in a year.

Everyone loves Simon! Even though he hates my Mk25s and unshiney 260s.

Note to OP. (And @kelemvor ). There is no such thing as a Parts for Life program unless you buy a SP BCD, reg set and computer in a year.
That is a recent change. At the time I bought my reg, the program included no such stipulation. It was only about 5 years ago. I still have all the paperwork, the "free parts for life" card that was included etc.

That is a recent change. At the time I bought my reg, the program included no such stipulation. It was only about 5 years ago. I still have all the paperwork, the "free parts for life" card that was included etc.

Still in effect for aqualung.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom