Help with RAW Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aperture priority on the TG-5 is a little different. The TG-5, as far as I can tell, doesn't actually have a physical aperture ring with varying diameter for all the aperture/f-stop settings. It apparently has two physical aperture settings, and uses a 3X Neutral Density filter for further reduction of light through the lens. The result, again as far as I can tell, is that selecting Av isn't actually going to have the same effect you would expect on depth of field -- at least not across the full range.

Nevertheless, I've been using a TG-5 for the last six months or so, and I'm really pleased with it, especially when I'm travelling.
all taken with a TG-5 in a housing in my smallest camera / tray / lights rig for travelling

Thanks; nighttime; dark blue biolumenescence exciter lights; yellow filter on the camera; more or all auto setting on the TG-5; was very happy with the results.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom