Help with ScubaPro MK-16 TIS and Shearwater Teric transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just me, but I just find this "excessive"....

Not that it is any of my business how he and his wife dive. But the whole concept of rigging a somewhat complicated "thing" simply to watch his wife's pressure seems strange. If I didn't know otherwise, I would assume that the wife was incapable of monitoring her own gas supply. I would think it is better to frequently take 15 seconds out of the dive to show her your gauge and then have her show hers.

That way, the idea of her monitoring her buddy's supply would be reinforced and she would be shown by example, how often it is prudent to check air supply of the team. She learns better skills, awareness and her competence and confidence is enhanced and she might feel more comfortable diving with other buddies in the future (who will not be monitoring her air supply remotely for her).

Not that it is any of my business how he and his wife dive. But the whole concept of rigging a somewhat complicated "thing" simply to watch his wife's pressure seems strange. If I didn't know otherwise, I would assume that the wife was incapable of monitoring her own gas supply. I would think it is better to frequently take 15 seconds out of the dive to show her your gauge and then have her show hers.

That way, the idea of her monitoring her buddy's supply would be reinforced and she would be shown by example, how often it is prudent to check air supply of the team. She learns better skills, awareness and her competence and confidence is enhanced and she might feel more comfortable diving with other buddies in the future (who will not be monitoring her air supply remotely for her).

Please rest assured my wife understands how to monitor her own air (and of course has been doing so since we began diving). Shearwater apparently understands the advantages of this option, otherwise they would not offer it. I am n ot trying to make things more complicated then they need to be, but am simply wanting to utilize an available feature. That being said, I appreciate the solutions offered by other folks commenting.

On a side note, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but I was not asking for opinions with regards to whether I should be utilizing this option or not. Your response was pretty condescending and presumptuous regarding our knowledge and skills......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom