Help!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi David D

If you look at the thread about lying to go diving I geuss that a woman in a drysuit and even tech equipment will look very sexy. Just think of the dive planning implications!

DSAO

Loopy Diver!

These are just my views on women and diving - no research etc.

Women have started diving in more recent years because they are allow their own independance. A few decades ago -
1) diving wasn't such a safe sport and was less known
2) women were still standing behind the men!

Equipment - I find it hard to believe that women have started diving because of the pretty colours of wetsuits. When I started diving, I started for what I got to see - not the cool equipment I could get. When I went to a dive show in the UK when I was getting my equipment I found it a major uphill struggle to get equipment for me cause as the bloke told me "I am an odd shape." Yet most people would say I am the normal shape of any woman I still had a struggle and ended up getting my wetsuit custom made. If all I wanted was a pretty wetsuit that made me look "sexy" then I wouldn't have bothered going through the embarrassment I did! I feel this is the case with a lot of women and i dont think we can all be stereotyped in the same catergory as what I perceive to be the few that dive cause of the trademark.

I also feel that women diving is become more accepted down to the organisations.
When I learned to dive I was chatting to some others who were doing there OW and found most of the males had actually requested a female instructor. It comes down to the fact that blokes still have there "must be macho" attitude (no offence lads) and they find it hard to tell another man they are having a problem. Therefore they dont feel sooo pathetic if they are telling a women they are for example having trouble equalizing.

Anyways, that's my few words/essay on the matter - hope its of use!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom