Henderson 7mm suit.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Good morning i will be diving in the Monterey Bay soon. Im a new diverand was told i would need a 7mm wetsuit with boots, hood, and gloves. I looked at a Henderson package because thats what I was recommended on Leisure Pro. Any recommendations?

Rent a wetsuit (but make sure it fits). If you like diving the cold water you'll probably end up in a drysuit. I have a basement littered with gear that was bought cause it seemed like the thing to do before trying something new. Mistake. Included is a 7mm Henderson farmer john suit. Rent a suit, try a few different ones, take a drysuit class, then spend hundreds of $$$ once you've figured out what you want.

Henderson makes great products.
What jjardin said is "Spot On" rent one for the time being.
Try a Dry Suit after a few more dives.
Then make a more informed decision based on that.
I personally still dive "Wet" after 42 years.
That's just me though.

I’m a Henderson fan. I’ve got one of their 5mm, 3mm full, 3mm short, and a dive skin. I’d buy from them again in a heartbeat, but I agree with those above...if you can rent a suit easily enough to verify it’s what you’re going to want and it’s going to fit properly...I’d do that first.

On dry vs. wet...that’s a call that you’re going to have to make. Ex. If you rent a 7mm wetsuit and you’re comfortable with that...I’d pick one up just so you don’t have to worry about renting (whether or not your size Is going to be on hand when you want to dive).

I’m a Henderson fan. I’ve got one of their 5mm, 3mm full, 3mm short, and a dive skin. I’d buy from them again in a heartbeat,...

Me too, including 7mm, which was used when I went diving in Channel Islands. 7mm wetsuit with hood and rash guard is fine for me to dive in 60F water.

I’m a Henderson fan. I’ve got one of their 5mm, 3mm full, 3mm short, and a dive skin. I’d buy from them again in a heartbeat, but I agree with those above...if you can rent a suit easily enough to verify it’s what you’re going to want and it’s going to fit properly...I’d do that first.

On dry vs. wet...that’s a call that you’re going to have to make. Ex. If you rent a 7mm wetsuit and you’re comfortable with that...I’d pick one up just so you don’t have to worry about renting (whether or not your size Is going to be on hand when you want to dive).

I appreciate this sound advice thank you so much. I understand a dry suit would be ideal but i just received my open water diver cert and am not trying to spend all the money right now purchasing a dry suit.

I appreciate this sound advice thank you so much. I understand a dry suit would be ideal but i just received my open water diver cert and am not trying to spend all the money right now purchasing a dry suit.

I’m in the same boat. I’ve done 20+ cold water dives and I just can’t bring myself to pony up the cash to pay for a dry suit and the dry suit course.

I just purchased a Deep6 7mm wetsuit today for $225. It comes with pockets already sewn on. Seemed like too good of a deal to pass up. Check it out at:

7mm Deep 6 Wetsuit

I just purchased to Deep6 7mm wetsuit today for $225. It comes with pockets already seen on. Seemed like too good of a deal to pass up. Check it out at:

7mm Deep 6 Wetsuit

I like Deep 6 (I have their regs, fins, and I took my AOW course with one of their guys). If I could squeeze into one of their suits (I’m a big guy), I’d consider going that route for a 7mm.

Like you said...it’s hard to pass up their wetsuit deals at the moment. I’m thinking about ordering a pair of boots, as the pair of 3mm boots I currently have suck.

+1. For Deep Six. I love my wetsuit and just have the soft boots as well as the rock type boots. The "rock" boots make walking on rocky entries much nicer, especially in full gear. Great quality at great prices. What more could you ask for? I have a year of diving, teaching, and dive team training dives on mine and it it just damn near bulletproof.

Good advice on renting a 7 mil first. If you never do shrinky dink dives again, there is no need to own one. If you decide to buy, you can pay more, but you won't find better quality for the price. Living on the West Coast, my bet is you end up owning one.

Safe travels, pet a sea lion for me!

Jay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom