Henderson Support

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NikonDutch

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just a curious question to the Henderson Wetsuit group out there. I am newly OWC after an absence of almost 40 years. I chose Henderson for my thermal protection after waltzing with Waterproof and Lavacore. I own a shorty and a full suit, both of which serve me well apart or together. My problem is this, at 63 and "slightly larger" than I need to be I find it impossible to pull up the zipper on either suit, can't reach the end of the lanyard. My guess is that that is the real reason behind dive buddies. I contacted HendersonUSA today via email and requested information on obtaining a small amount of the lanyard that is attached to the zipper. Unexpectedly I was summarily dismissed as they do not serve that aspect of product support. I asked if they had any alternate suggestions and was told that if I needed warranty support to go through the channels listed on the web page. I to run a business albeit not the size or scope of Henderson, I expected better treatment and a smattering of support.

So there in lies the question, anyone know of a solution to my problem. After spending as much money as I have on the gear I would like a solution that is not a knot tied in the end of the lanyard. Not mad at Henderson just very disappointed in the service after the sale.

Ha! I've found that one of the worst things about being a solo diver is trying to zip my wetsuit up. The zipper lanyards on most suits are a real PITA. I used to have wetsuits that zipped in the front (both farmer john style and full) although they were hard to get off at times. Once I got my zipper stuck after a dive and had to walk down to the local fire station. I told the paramedics they'd been trying to rescue me for years and this was their opportunity!

As for Henderson's support, I had good luck with them years ago when a new Neosport fell apart in less than 40 dives. Turned out it was from very old stock at the retailers since they hadn't made that version in over six years. Wish I could remember my contact person so I could pass the information on to you.

In warm water I dive a 3mm Henderson shortie with a front zipper. Easy-in, easy-out. I tend to run warm so it is also nice to be able to unzip the front to let in some cooling water

Thermoprene? Shorty (Front Zip)

(and no, I'm not that buff :D )

I'm guessing that I just need to tie a knot in my tail and press on. Hind sight is always 20/20 front zippers make good sense, too bad my wife shortened my leash more than Henderson shortened my zipper pull. Oh well thanks DrBill and JohnN appreciate the thoughts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom