Herd Immunity in Indonesia

Would you travel to Indonesia after they have accomplished herd immunity?

• Yes

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • No

Votes: 38 62.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do not care about Australia (well I do care for the people), but I rather trust the information that is made available in my home country when judging the situation and not some Australian tabloid. And the facts are quite simple, hospitalisation is rising, admittance to ICU is rising, deaths are rising. All predicted by Germanys leading scientists.

The numbers in people in ICUs in Europe speak for themselfs - they are rising. At that is a fact.
I believe I just heard the number in ICU in Sweden. 25
That's it.

As for denying global warming, it is getting warmer, man is accelerating it. But it would make a lot more sense to figure where it is going and plan to meet it there instead of trying to reverse inevitable. It's coming weather we did anything or not, we are just speeding it up.

I am also a bit of a bastard. For some reason every life, every grandmother, must be kept alive as long as possible. Often regardless of the quality of life. So they live 10 years longer now. Those extra 10 years laying in a bed in a nursing home are not a quality life. I watched it happen to my great grandmother. Those last years were torture for everyone. She should have died years before of natural causes. Not stretched out for another decade just because the medicine existed to do so. Nobody benefited from that except the medical business that made a ton of money off it.

I think that this is new patients admitted to ICU per day. The total number of people in Swedish ICUs seems to be around 2600 at the moment according to this report: COVID-19 in Swedish intensive care
Keep in mind Sweden has about 10M people. Do the maths for eg Indonesia (250M people ie multiply by 25). You also need to consider the quality and abilities of the Indonesian health care system compared eg to the Swedish one.

As for your last 2 paragraphs. One day we will all die - that's A FACT. Hence why don't we accept this fact and commit suicide altogether instead of trying to reverse the inevitable? Death is coming whether we do anything or not, we are just slowing it down. Why to bother? By doing so, we will also turn the evil (as you seem to believe) medical business obsolete...

Where do you place the age limit where medical help should be provided to older people? At which age do you think people should be left helpless to die??? 10 - 20 - 30 - 40 - 50 - 60 - 70 - 80 - 90 - 100 - 110 years old?

Out of curiosity how old are you?

That's it.

As for denying global warming, it is getting warmer, man is accelerating it. But it would make a lot more sense to figure where it is going and plan to meet it there instead of trying to reverse inevitable. It's coming weather we did anything or not, we are just speeding it up.

I am also a bit of a bastard. For some reason every life, every grandmother, must be kept alive as long as possible. Often regardless of the quality of life. So they live 10 years longer now. Those extra 10 years laying in a bed in a nursing home are not a quality life. I watched it happen to my great grandmother. Those last years were torture for everyone. She should have died years before of natural causes. Not stretched out for another decade just because the medicine existed to do so. Nobody benefited from that except the medical business that made a ton of money off it.

Hilarious. Republicans have always been against assisted suicide. What changed your mind?

Hilarious. Republicans have always been against assisted suicide. What changed your mind?
I guess it is a balance....force them to live at one end of life, force them to die at the other end. Totally consistent.

[QUOTE="Something that requires me to change my behavior or lifestyle."[/QUOTE]

Or someone who just wants to go diving in Indonesia irrespective of the consequences or harm it may do to others

Just to show the magnitude of burden going for "herd imunity" would put on a half way decent health system:
Germany would have an additional 40 million infections. Based on the data available (which includes information on age and health status), one can expect a hospitalisation rate of 10%, of which some 20% will require ICU treatment. Without jeopardizing other patients, 8000 ICU beds can be made available for CoVid-19 patients, which need them for an average of 2 weeks. In absolut numbers:

4.000.000 people hospitalised, of which
800.000 will be in ICU
so after 50! months we are through

Sounds like a viable plan. NOT.

A lot of pro-covid regime supporters throw out numbers totalling many millions of lives potentially lost, which is preposterous. If I were to follow your grossly overestimated data & calculations, let me put it this way, today's global covid tally is 38,752,973 infected and 1,096,962 deaths, that would mean 1 in 38 infected people would die, and that's just plain silly to believe that.
It's become obvious over the past few months that covid has mild effects on 80-99% of infected, including countries similar to Indonesia, by way of economy & health ie. India

We might just have to find the best possible way to co-exist with it!!!
Wearing a mask in all public places for a start!

China is a prime example of this. Millions of people having been traveling freely around the country, and restrictions have been lifted for some time now. Perhaps other countries should put politics aside and take a page out of China's book. I've dived countless times with Chinese divers in Indonesia, and truth be told, they were experienced enough to have some really enjoyable dives together

[QUOTE="Something that requires me to change my behavior or lifestyle.

Or someone who just wants to go diving in Indonesia irrespective of the consequences or harm it may do to others

OK acidrush. It's obvious that you're paranoid of taking a bad trip, possibly because you've had one before. So I suggest to you, that you do not take the trip, because if you're not open-minded & paranoid, then you won't enjoy the trip.

Stay safe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom