Here I come Florida!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gr8jab

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well, not quite yet... but just booked a trip for November. I couldn't pass up round trip tickets from Oregon to Daytona for <$300.

I will be visiting my mom for a week, and then 5 days of diving down south. I'm going to stop and dive BHB with @Scuba_Jenny on my way to Key Largo. I just booked 16 tanks over 5 days at Rainbow Reef.

I picked a nice RV on airbnb with a kitchen and BBQ. First time RV for me, so it's an adventure of sorts. I'll probably do some cooking to keep the expenses down, but have to revisit a few of the local establishments too.

Welcome to Florida. I grew up in Eastern Oregon, but I've been in Florida for 35+ years!. Diving anywhere south of Fort Pierce inlet is pretty reliably good. Enjoy the bridge; if the tide/times open the opportunity, you might try a drift dive from West Palm Beach; lots of choices available from Jupiter through West Palm to Boynton and further; I like the drift dives in that area as much as I like the Upper Keys.

Hi David! I used to live in Tampa, Lakeland, and Orlando (Altamonte Springs). As a kid, I spent summers in New Smyrna. I know those areas a little, but never spent much time down south. Just a few scuba trips to Key Largo.

Unfortunately I'm stuck in the Willamette Valley. I love the summers, and my job, and my friends... but the politics here are getting a little nutty.

I travel to New Smyrna 2-3 times a year, but rarely have a chance to spend an extra week in the Keys. Now that I know more about diving along the coast as far north as Jupiter, I might stash some scuba gear at my Mom's place for quick overnight trips south for some drift diving.

Cheers!

I dove with Florida Keys Dive Center about a month and half ago.... they are awesome there. I highly recommend them. Captain Tracey was awesome!

i hope you have a great trip....November will be our winter diving season seas... of course nothing like Oregon, so I'm sure your going to have a great time.

November is very dive-able and warm. Problem that you may potentially face is it could be super windy for 2 weeks straight, closing all diving locations.

November is very dive-able and warm. Problem that you may potentially face is it could be super windy for 2 weeks straight, closing all diving locations.

That's the risk I'm going to take. I'm planning alternative activities if needed.

When it's too windy and choppy to dive "outside", you can still do Blue Heron Bridge. Make sure you time it for high tide slack water, and bring or rent a dive flag.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom