http://www.diveheart.org/

Here is a report on my trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt the Aquaman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
The trip stared on the November 2nd into the 9th. It was my best trip yet to the Keys. The day after my family and I got there, I went to the third largest dive store in the USA. It was cool. Then my family and I hung out on the beach at the condo the rest of the day. That was nice. The next day my dive team went diving and my family and I went sight seeing. Later that day we went to the Isamorada Fish Company Restaurant where I had my fresh lobster, it was great food. It was my favorite restaurant while in the Keys. We hung out with Captain Gary and his wife, also John Chatterton and his wife, Susan Long and others. It was a blast to hang out with all my friends and making new friends. I have never laughed so much as I did that night. Every night was a blast.

The next day we had a BBQ at the condo with all my friends and also meet Jill Heinerth in person. Had a blast hanging out with her and her husband who also interviewed me. We then went on a sunset cruse with all my friends and family and the sunset was awesome.

The next day we went to Jules’ Undersea to dive there. The waves where too high on the reef for me to dive safely. This was not the same as the reef but still was great fun for me to dive with my friends. We did a few dives in, but they weren’t long but still fun. We had big iguana walking around and seeing what we were doing and whacking his tail at my dive gear. It was very entertaining. Later that day we went to Captain Gary’s house with friends and family. We had Gary’s famous chicken wings. Howard and Michelle brought fresh hog fish and lobster from their dive. It was awesome food and loads of fun.

Next day we went to Island Dolphin Care and spent the whole day there. My team and I spent time in the water with six dolphins. I had my dry suit on for half a day, I loved it. It was cool having the dolphins come and check us out. This place is set up for the handicapped, so they can get into the water with the dolphins. They had me and my dive team on a lift that lowered us into the water. This is a awesome place with great people. They do great work. We had lunch there and hung out with the sea lion after that. I never got a kissed by a sea lion before on my hand, that was cool. After that I sat on a platform with my dive team, my sister was in the water. It was fun hanging out with Fiji the dolphin. Here is the web site, check it out. Dolphin Therapy Programs you will be glad you did. We then went to dinner with friends and family to the Island Grill, and enjoyed another great dinner.

The last full day, we went to Robbie’s to feed the Tarpins. That was fun to fed them. After that I got the best fish sandwich at Craig’s. Then we went to the dive museum. It was cool to see the history. We also hung out with Captain Carl Fismer, he is a great guy.

Thanks Gary and everyone it was a great trip. If you would like to see some pics from the trip click on this link. JillHeinerth : photos : Matt Johnston- powered by SmugMug

Take care and safe diving. Matt.

Beautiful

Thanks.

Matt

Glad you enjoyed Robbies. I liked it too. It was cool. Some big fish.

Take care,
Matt

Back
Top Bottom