Hero 5 Session cutting off at Depth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a session 5, with my no name 128g card it failed a lot. I'm
Icked up a 32g SanDisk and it worked. Now the camera has failed entirely after less than 6 dives. No power, no charge, just dead. And it died living the hard life of sitting on a shelf, so 1 atm:) New one is in the mail.

Good luck...got a lexar 1000x 32 gb and sunday ill try it at 120 feet on a wreck again....we shall see!!!!if it keeps ******* up im getting a sealife camera and say to hell with gopro

I spent some time with tech support, they're going to replace it as a warranty. Fingers crossed.

Did a 130 foot wreck dive it ****** up n did burst shots n took 1800 damn pics instead of video...got bk to boat n vid worked fine....im gonna drop 750 n buy a sealife micro 2.0 w lights....ill keep gopro for white water rafting n motorcycle n **** like that....royally pissed lol

I am having a similar issue with my session 5. I have discovered that the cheap housing I am using is flexing and pressing on the buton on the back of the camera and keeping it pressed in. This causes the camera to stop recording, but the flashing LED on the camera keeps flashing. once the pressure reduces and the button becomes unpressed the camera starts recording a new video. The result of this is that I have a few clips of the very start of a dive, and some more clips of the surface after the dive... very frustrating.
My significant other was watching me when I was troubleshooting this at home, and simply said "why dont you turn the camera on before you put it in the housing, start recording and simply put the camera in the housing upside down? that way the buttons wont get pressed and you will get the video.
As the camera can flip the video this should not be a problem...
Havent tested it yet but what do people think?

Leif

Thanks for that idea...im sure it would work...finally got a sealife n its million times difference....ill keep gopro for above water fun

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom